TOS 5.0.176 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 5.0.176 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}franco72

The latest Emby app provided by Emby has some issues, we have replace the Emby app to last version, please download this version and install again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
IvanG

Post by IvanG »

Same error with Emby here.

Do you think that the answer for a problem that the monkeys you have as developers have caused is to remove the app, loose all your configuration and reinstall it?

Plus maybe somebody in terramaster should explain the interns that are working in TOS at the moment that the GUI should be tested in multiple browsers as it is not displaying correctly in Firefox right now. Windows show basicaly a white screen with nothing in them.

There are only a few apps in you app center and you randomly brake half of them in each update for god sake!

Not to take into account that we are still waiting for an android app that is simply able to connect with the devices.

In general terms I'm happy with the hardware but I will never buy another of your devices neither will recomend them to anyone else just for this crap thing that you call OS and you deliver with them. We are users not betatesters.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

@IvanG

Does demeaning them really help in any way? Beyond you showing that you're likely a customer that they would rather lose than gain if that's how you deal with businesses, it's not going to garner any kind of assistance from them.

Realize that by using TOS 5, you are agreeing to their End User License Agreement @ https://www.terra-master.com/global/eula/, which has a line similar to that of most EULAs, as its 10th point:

TerraMaster and its suppliers do not warrant that the Software is free from any bugs, errors, viruses, and other defects.

In this particular case, it's emby that has the issue, which reverting to the previous version resolves (as Terra-Master states above); once emby's devs fix the issue, a newer revision should rectify things.

Terra-Master should be giving app developers new builds early for them to test their apps & patch particular issues, but considering Terra-Master's size, this probably isn't the case, so devs are likely getting it when it's publicly available & are playing catch-up.

Since you like the hardware, change the OS to something you think is worthwhile, since you are flipping out over a third party dev implementation issue; you are free to do such a change on Terra-Master hardware, obviously with zero support, since it's not what was provided with their solution.
IvanG

Post by IvanG »

@crisisacting

I've been dealing with IT business probably for more time than many of them have been on this planet and I'm still on it so it seems that I don't rule them so bad for the moment and I can assure you that, although I give you that I should had breathe a couple of times before writing my answer, the company itself is ginving the image of someone that has bitten off more than it can chew.

You cannot hide behind an EULA or a Terms and Conditions document. We are not talking about taking legal actions, and we are not talking about a simple bug in your software, we are in front of a product that is cearly quite a few iterations far from being ready and clearly not prepared to go live. We all know how it goes...We've spent quite a bunch of the budget and we have to go into production no matter what and now users are paying the consequences plus the poor impresion that you are giving.

Its not only Emby. I've had issues with Media indexer eating 100% of the cpu, with the GUI not loading, with folder administrative permissions and many more, just look at replies to posts of updates of TOS in this forum and it will give you an idea. And in this particular Emby case you cannot blame Emby devs. It's your product. Don't you have a bunch of machines in your laboratory where you test 3rd party software changes before you include it in a new release. What's the QA process that you have in place man? Cos its not something hidden beneath a ton of user iteractions. The app simply does not start.

And yes I'm thinking about getting rid of TOS, there is no difference between a copy paste or non answer to a question than to have to solve the problems yourself in a probably much bigger and open community, but you think that that is a solution for most of the common users that only want something simple, fast and safe to store their files and watch their videos? That's how you deal with your bussines? Suggesting them to open the device, probably loosing their warranty and going through a technical process that most of them cannot understand?
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

@IvanG

Have a similar background, however more in IT Operations.

The integrated OS options (media indexer, SMB, NFS, et cetera) not functioning well or at all are definitely inexcusable, as is the fact that they dropped the beta designation from TOS 5, when it very much so is not production ready; that's likely the reason TOS 4 hasn't been wiped off their support site, since it's really a risk to fully move to TOS 5 in a business critical environment, however no enterprise is using these devices, at best it's for SOHO (outside of their U series).

If emby and others are listed in their app library/center, then the assumption that it's being tested is likely solid, however to what extent is this testing & how deep does/should that QA go. It's likely catching major bugs that aren't seeing release until resolution, however, it may not be catching issues for those that have a certain combination of apps or configurations, since it's impossible to test every permutation.

Also, as often with communal forums, the people having issues come out in droves, whereas those with praise or the exact experience they were seeking, are not the active participants. Like every review for a restaurant or product, read the good with the bad & for the latter, test it for yourself as one person's experience is not the next person's.

Finally, unless it's really that different in their region/locale, the process and procedures that Terra-Master has some users take can be unorthodox (like disassembly to check a board revision) & either they need to find a simpler way for people to access these aspects, or they need to start thoroughly maintaining an internal database of what serial number corresponds with which BoM & OEM; as you inferred, the simplest solution is usually the best one & the more complex it becomes, the more likely that someone will move onto something else from someone else. How they support their products is getting better, however it is not close to their direct competition, however nor is the size of their company, and that really shows when it comes to these situations.
Juan87

Post by Juan87 »

Is it so difficult to program in TOS that when connecting a DAS, the physical unit x of the DAS corresponds to the USBx in TOS and is assigned the name USBSHAREx, regardless of whether a disk is mounted on the DAS unit x or not?
The amount of time it would save us... (PLEX, for example)
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

> same behavior ? plex spawns Chown and then chown is running and plex crashed
> crash dump (dmp) files are no help - no errors or logs that help so far

waiting with the NAS running and allowing plex to just be down for 1 day or about that - now plex is back up. I'm guessing that the system was working on the chown and after that process finished the plex app was able to start - i have no proof but its working now : )
quella

Post by quella »

Just a note that I have hit an issue with the "MEDIA INDEX" from the previous v171 to v176. After the upgrade and an update to Python and Terra Photos, I thought it best to re-index hoping that thing may improve or find more files. However, I have been sitting at 6,113 file processed of about 20,000 for the past three days. When I try to do the re-index again after a reboot, I get to the same file number in the index and it seems to stop (but says "indexing... 6113 file(s)"). Any thought on how to fix it or find the offending file that may be preventing the indexing from happening as it did previously?

Thanks
jparker98

Post by jparker98 »

Based on my permissions defaulting back to deny I'm assuming the usbshare issue wasn't addressed in this update?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

quella wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 02:12 Just a note that I have hit an issue with the "MEDIA INDEX" from the previous v171 to v176. After the upgrade and an update to Python and Terra Photos, I thought it best to re-index hoping that thing may improve or find more files. However, I have been sitting at 6,113 file processed of about 20,000 for the past three days. When I try to do the re-index again after a reboot, I get to the same file number in the index and it seems to stop (but says "indexing... 6113 file(s)"). Any thought on how to fix it or find the offending file that may be preventing the indexing from happening as it did previously?

Thanks
Please try to clear the browser cache.
If it is still the same, you can export the log of the media index and send it to us for troubleshooting.

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/log/media.log /Volume1/public/

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/log/mediadb/mediadb.log /Volume1/public/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)