TOS 5.0.171 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
SunDogBC

Re: TOS 5.0.171 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by SunDogBC »

scout71 wrote:
> After the reboot, everything is fine for a day, then the "mediaindex" process goes back to above 55% constantly ... and of course I have constant signs of a slow system. This even if I don't do anything with the NAS.

I have the same issue (and posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3769)

I don't think media indexing gives my anything that Plex doesn't already so I'm just going to disable it entirely.
scout71
Italy

Post by scout71 »

SunDogBC wrote:
> scout71 wrote:
> > After the reboot, everything is fine for a day, then the "mediaindex"
> process goes back to above 55% constantly ... and of course I have constant signs of
> a slow system. This even if I don't do anything with the NAS.
>
> I have the same issue (and posted about it here:
> viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3769)
>
> I don't think media indexing gives my anything that Plex doesn't already so I'm just
> going to disable it entirely.
You're right, it hasn't been much longer than plex but their new app (in beta) just uses indexing to show you the photos you have saved on your NAS. I don't have Plex outside of my home network, the TNAS app can be used anywhere.
We really hope that the answer they gave you today is true and they have solved it ... receiving an email on the hour becomes unnerving! Thanks for your contribution, they seem to have listened to you a lot more than they did to me ;)
jparker98

Post by jparker98 »

I was alerted to an update to 176...it won't download and now I'm stuck with and endless loop of failed download notifications on my desktop...any idea on how to stop it?
JTalbertPhoto

Post by JTalbertPhoto »

Same issue. Terra-Master website is having problems. It will not load or slow to load… Hopefully they will get their site back online soon.
fikish

Post by fikish »

Hey all, for some reason after updating to 5.0.176 I have 3 hdd's that are not picked up (out of 5 hdd's on my F5-221)
It can see them in harddrive section but no longer a storage pool or volume, weird right? Any idea how I can add without losing data on them?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}fikish

The volume may not be mounted successfully, please try to restart the device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
fikish

Post by fikish »

I believe when I upgraded to TOS v5 it wiped 3 of my harddrives and kept the others. I have no idea why this would happen but 3 drives have definitely been wiped clean of all data. Now trying stellar and a few other tools to recover lost data.

Just very strange that 2 of my 4 drives keep data and the others are fine and carried over.