TOS 5.0.166 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

TOS 5.0.166 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by TMzethar »

Release Notes

Applicable models: F2-220, F2-221, F2-420, F2-421, F2-422, F4-220, F4-221, F4-420, F4-421, F4-422, F5-220, F5-221, F5-225, F5-420, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422, F2-423, f4-423, T6-423, T9-423, T12-423;

1. Fixed some issues of volume.
2. Fixed some issues of user.
3. Fixed some issues of the scheduled tasks.
4. Fixed some issues of file manager.
5. Fixed some issues of TOS desktop.
6. Fixed some issues of backup.
7. Fixed some issues of LDAP.
8. Fixed some issues of SSD cache.
9. Fixed some issues of the hard drive.
10. Fixed some issues of regions & language.
11. Optimized some settings of on-line users.
12. Optimized some settings of system update.

Important Notes
1. This update is only for TOS 5.0.120 or later versions. If your TOS version does not meet the requirements, please upgrade to TOS 5 by reinstalling TOS.
2. Under normal circumstances, the system update will not affect the data in your hard drives, but for your data safety, it is strongly recommended that you back up your data before the update!
3. If you have installed the VirtualBox application, you need to uninstall it and then update the system.

How to update your TOS?

Manual update:
1. Download the update package: TOS 5.0.166 (md5:11fb6e90aafc0aa7ec5d4c87204f1a95)
2. Go to TOS > Control Panel > General Settings > system;
3. Under the "Manual update", upload the update package;
4. Click "Apply";
5. After the system update is complete, you need to refresh your web browser;
6. Your TNAS's IP address may change after the system update, if you are not able to connect to your TNAS with the previous IP, you need to search the new IP again with the TNAC PC client;

Important Note:
After updating to TOS 5.0.166, you need to update your current TNAS PC to 5.0.33 or a later version, or you may not able to search your TNAS device.
1. TNAS PC 5.0.33 for Windows OS
2. TNAS PC 5.0.33 for macOS

It is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing this version of TNAS PC.

Issue report
If you encounter issues during use, please report to the corresponding TerraMaster official forum, or email your issue description and screenshots to pm(a)terra-master.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MisterXY
Germany

Re: TOS 5.0.166 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by MisterXY »

The USB icon is missing from the top toolbar.
https://prnt.sc/a_eA9NVRimgE
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

installed and rebooted, the system took about 20-24 mins to reboot and verify
the system is mounted and SMB shares on Volume1 shared but no WebUI & SSH as of yet
WebUI/SSH took a few more minutes to load after the shares (about 40-45 mins)
need to verify but the system seems stable.

dmesg seem fine as well
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MisterXY

Refresh your web page.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Roccia7
Italy

Post by Roccia7 »

Hello, I installed this new version on my f-220. I have the problem you can see in the image. I already refreshed my browser and tried with another one. Has anyone else had the same problem?

https://i.postimg.cc/tCRGxnpD/docker.jpg
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Roccia7

Can it be used normally after waiting for a while? It may be that the system resource overload causes the application to load slowly.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
mrsnrub

Post by mrsnrub »

I’ve noticed in File Service -> Rsync Server that if you delete one of your Authorized Directories the notification box is in English however the buttons are in Chinese.

Not a major issue but should be fixed.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Roccia7

Did you clean your web browser cache after update?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mrsnrub

Thank you for your report! we will verify and fix it soon.
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

@TMroy
Currently I cannot change the rights of USBSHARE1 via the web interface. As soon as I change it and want to change the rights again, the old rights are there and not the new ones. The rights are also not changed in smb.conf.
With USBSHARE2 it is even the case that I can change the rights, the changes are applied via the web interface, but not via smb.conf. After a restart, the rights of USBSHARE2 are different again. Tested it with Firefox and Edge.