TOS 5.0.166 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
scout71
Italy

Re: TOS 5.0.166 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by scout71 »

I saw that TFM has been improved, now it starts working. He still has some problems. In my case it tells me that there is an "incorrect parameter error" (translated from Italian). In practice it makes the first backup then you cannot schedule it even if you set the parameters. However it is becoming a really interesting app! Well done
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}scout71

We will keep optimizing the TFM in the coming releases.
Compare to RAID 1 mirrors the whole drive space, TFM can help to only mirror back up your important folders, and release your storage space for more other applications.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scout71
Italy

Post by scout71 »

TMroy wrote:
>
In fact I have seen that it is really improving. Too bad that after restarting all settings are deleted and therefore it is still not reliable for a backup of important data. I really hope to be able to use it soon because, from what little I have been able to try, it is really good ... but unstable to date.
addx972

Post by addx972 »

do you have worked for the sleep disk ? , because my disk don't sleep after 30 minutes
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

addx972 wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 23:02 do you have worked for the sleep disk ? , because my disk don't sleep after 30 minutes
Please refer to the article for troubleshooting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
leaponover

Post by leaponover »

So f2-210 can't update to 5.0? Is it abandoned? What's the deal...I just bought this earlier in the year? I had no idea it wouldn't be supported. Please advise.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

leaponover wrote:
> So f2-210 can't update to 5.0? Is it abandoned? What's the deal...I just
> bought this earlier in the year? I had no idea it wouldn't be supported.
> Please advise.

Their statement is as follows, per viewtopic.php?f=81&t=3254&start=10:

As of now, TerraMaster has not officially confirmed that the 210 ARM series products cannot be updated to TOS 5. We're developing TOS 5 on a brand new ARM platform, and when it's done, we'll try to port it to the 210 series if possible. Obviously, this will take more time, so please be patient.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

leaponover wrote:
> So f2-210 can't update to 5.0? Is it abandoned? What's the deal...I just
> bought this earlier in the year? I had no idea it wouldn't be supported.
> Please advise.

while i share your frustration, i do want to clarify something from my understanding the F2-210 IS supported as in if there is a bug with the current OS then terramaster will support it and issue a bug fix accordingly so the unit itself isnt abandoned but not actively being worked on for a new OS version, but it does make perfect sense that they want to iron out the bugs in the X86 version and get that stable first (clearly as we are up to version 166 there have been a lot)

it doesnt make much sense to fight fires on two fronts but there have been worrying suggestions by TM that the F2-210 wont be powerful enough to run 5.0 as they have mentioned things like needing 4gb ram for things and clearly the F2-210 has none upgradable 1gb so it may end up being a legacy nas drive anyway due to hardware limitations, even if there is an ARM version rolled out
scout71
Italy

Post by scout71 »

In my opinion there is a problem with the management of USB devices. I noticed that the system always gives me an error because it says "too slow", actually the indexing of the files has already been finished (I thought that was it). I then tried to disconnect the two USB disks and I noticed that the system came back fast and no more errors as before. In the peripherals I have all the multimedia files that I use so I cannot disconnect them. So today I tried to reattach the two disks and the problem returned. The system keeps giving me errors because it is slow. I also struggle to access the web interface. Without discs this does not happen. I checked the disks by connecting them to my pc, I did a scan and a functionality check and everything is fine, there are no errors. So I assume the problem is in TOS after the latest updates started giving this "system slow" error message.
scout71
Italy

Post by scout71 »

scout71 wrote:
> In my opinion there is a problem with the management of USB devices. I
> noticed that the system always gives me an error because it says "too
> slow", actually the indexing of the files has already been finished (I
> thought that was it). I then tried to disconnect the two USB disks and I
> noticed that the system came back fast and no more errors as before. In the
> peripherals I have all the multimedia files that I use so I cannot
> disconnect them. So today I tried to reattach the two disks and the problem
> returned. The system keeps giving me errors because it is slow. I also
> struggle to access the web interface. Without discs this does not happen. I
> checked the disks by connecting them to my pc, I did a scan and a
> functionality check and everything is fine, there are no errors. So I
> assume the problem is in TOS after the latest updates started giving this
> "system slow" error message.
Today I saw that the problem always lies in the "mediaindex" process. The indexing has finished but the process continues to consume a lot of resources, with USB disks always making the situation worse.