TOS 5.0.163 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

TOS 5.0.163 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by TMzethar »

Release Notes

Applicable models: F2-220, F2-221, F2-420, F2-421, F2-422, F4-220, F4-221, F4-420, F4-421, F4-422, F5-220, F5-221, F5-225, F5-420, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422, F2-423, f4-423, T6-423, T9-423, T12-423;

1. Fixed some issues of file manager.
2. Fixed some issues of the domain.
3. Fixed some issues of the storage pool.
4. Fixed some issues of external storage.
5. Fixed some issues of SSD cache.
6. Fixed some issues of file service.
7. Fixed some issues of media index.
8. Fixed some issues of backup.
9. Fixed some issues of the hard drive.
10. Optimized some settings of the hot spare.

Important Notes
1. This update is only for TOS 5.0.120 or later versions. If your TOS version does not meet the requirements, please upgrade to TOS 5 by reinstalling TOS.
2. Under normal circumstances, the system update will not affect the data in your hard drives, but for your data safety, it is strongly recommended that you back up your data before the update!
3. If you have installed the VirtualBox application, you need to uninstall it and then update the system.

How to update your TOS?

Manual update:
1. Download the update package: TOS 5.0.163 (md5:1d05f3103079074771eead809ebc291e)
2. Go to TOS > Control Panel > General Settings > system;
3. Under the "Manual update", upload the update package;
4. Click "Apply";
5. After the system update is complete, you need to refresh your web browser;
6. Your TNAS's IP address may change after the system update, if you are not able to connect to your TNAS with the previous IP, you need to search the new IP again with the TNAC PC client;

Important Note:
After updating to TOS 5.0.163, you need to update your current TNAS PC to 5.0.33 or a later version, or you may not able to search your TNAS device.
1. TNAS PC 5.0.33 for Windows OS
2. TNAS PC 5.0.33 for macOS

It is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing this version of TNAS PC.

Issue report
If you encounter issues during use, please report to the corresponding TerraMaster official forum, or email your issue description and screenshots to pm(a)terra-master.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Scorp

Re: TOS 5.0.163 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by Scorp »

After update Virtualbox machine doesn't start from script (or ssh shell).. The error:

(C) 2008-2021 Oracle Corporation
All rights reserved.

VBoxHeadless: ERROR: failed to create the VirtualBoxClient object!
VBoxHeadless: error: Code NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED (0x80040154) - Class not registered (extended info not available)
Most likely, the VirtualBox COM server is not running or failed to start.

Tried to reinstall vbox - it didn't help.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Scorp
I'm sorry to hear this
Issues with Vbox currently require uninstalling Vbox before updating to prevent some bugs. According to the current situation, I regret to tell you that if you want to continue using Vbox, you can only choose to reinstall TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Scorp

Post by Scorp »

It works if I start vm with web-interface. Only script and ssh run not working. So, if it will be fixed in the future, i'll better wait... Tired of reinstalling. =)
jparker98

Post by jparker98 »

Assuming it didn't get addressed in this update, but in case it did, I still can't update permissions for any of my 3 usbshares :(

Says it was successful, but if I reopen the permissions window they're back to deny.
Authenticate

Post by Authenticate »

I am still having this same issue as jparker98 wrote. USB Share permissions for User group not working.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The USB permission issue has not been resolved, you need to wait for a while.
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
scavenger_ro

Post by scavenger_ro »

Hi, successfully updated to TOS 5, pretty impressed with the new functionality, mainly Surveillance Center ( or what it's called), as I was waiting for ages for something like that.

For the upgrade process, the message "This will delete all your data" made me nervous, but I started without the HDDs and it all seemed to just click.

For the process:
-MariaDb, imported a logical backup, had to recreate the users.
-Transmission, all went fine and dandy, more or less required some detective work to see were the torrents were stored, struggled for 2 days with no permissions problem, it turned out you need to provide the MEDIA group access to your download folders (it seems strange to me why transmission user is in Media group).
*Note: the path is changing, but fortunately /mnt/mt0 ?? is same length with /Volume1 so no painfull manual editing of path length, simply used notepad to batch edit all my torrents resume files.

Everything else was simply reinstalled and configured from scratch.

A little maintenance was necessary, deleting old users via SSH (only way) but It went pretty flawless.

It's not an easy process though, I don't see an average user doing it .
Jesuralem

Post by Jesuralem »

It seems TOS5 is becoming more or less mature, do you plan on releasing a safe upgrade path from 4.2 to 5.0 that does not require manual installation ?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Jesuralem wrote: 08 Sep 2022, 17:10 It seems TOS5 is becoming more or less mature, do you plan on releasing a safe upgrade path from 4.2 to 5.0 that does not require manual installation ?
Since the root file system, storage path, application installation location, and startup method of TOS 5.0 are different from those of the previous version, thus it is not possible to update directly from TOS 4.2.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @