TOS 5.0.155 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Hobba

Re: TOS 5.0.155 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by Hobba »

Permissions settings solved not a bug in this update, tho the list doesn't conform to the window still.
please take a look at that as it makes the 11th item impossible to click.

i had to clear my old credentials, restart my pc and set permissions in "shared folder" or "user" without removing access to "all users" and only remove access to the "guest" account.

this doesn't help that windows doesn't show these changes til after a restart :S
thankfully my phone has samba access
quella

Post by quella »

I continue to have issues with Apple Time Machine working after upgrading from 5.1135. After that, the drive cannot be found by the client. I am able to mount and select the drive if I try to change the backup drive which asks me for my credentials. However, once the backup starts I receive the message that the Backup Drive cannot be found. Any help here? I have SMB and I tried AFP, but both protocols give me the same error. Would like to get this connected as that was the main reason for purchasing this unit.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

quella wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 21:21 I continue to have issues with Apple Time Machine working after upgrading from 5.1135. After that, the drive cannot be found by the client. I am able to mount and select the drive if I try to change the backup drive which asks me for my credentials. However, once the backup starts I receive the message that the Backup Drive cannot be found. Any help here? I have SMB and I tried AFP, but both protocols give me the same error. Would like to get this connected as that was the main reason for purchasing this unit.
Please make sure TNAS is running normally, then try to re-enable Bonjour discovery service and Time Machine backup.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
quella

Post by quella »

TNAS is working properly as I can authenticate and even mount the drive locally on the Mac it is trying to backup to. Bonjour is running and I have tried to stop all services, restart them, enable AFP, disable AFP and enable SMB, etc. Nothing seems to get Time Machine working. Any SSH commands or other troubleshooting you could provide?
quella

Post by quella »

Time machine was working fine with no changes the the configuration back in 5.1.125 but has not worked sense. The errors I receive, listed below, even though I can mount the disk without issue, Timemachine sees the disk when I select it, and I authenticate without issues, once the backup starts I receive two errors.

First Error: 'Backup Disk Not Available: Try backing up again when "brownnas.local" is available'

Second Error: 'Time Machine could't complete the back up to "brownnas.local": The backup disk is not available"

Could it be something in the NAS that is not resolving properly? Again, this worked prior to upgrading to a few newer versions of TNAS.
cliftonwknox

Post by cliftonwknox »

Does this repair the issue TRaid will not rebuild That I have been experiencing and working with TerraMaster support on?
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

@ TMwuu or @ TMRoy please look to the usbshare2 permission error. The settings change in the ui but not in smb.conf. The strange is, if i use a usb stick for usbsahre3 the persmission also change for usbshare3 in smb.con but not for usbshare2.
here you can see it on screenshot.
download/file.php?id=2015&mode=view