TOS 5.0.144 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
kenfrog

Re: TOS 5.0.144 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by kenfrog »

download and installed update, turning off the media server and indexing, after this step UPNP seems disabled as I intend it to be. : )
Update seems fine for my NAS setup, Thanks for your help TOS 5.0 is running well and getting better with each update : )
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

I was incorrect - there is a bug in the software again, SMB Permissions are missing attributes again. I detailed the fix here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3411&p=19372&hilit ... ing#p19372

default value was : store dos attributes = no
changed to : store dos attributes = yes

added these back
map archive = yes
map hidden = yes
map readonly = yes
map system = yes
stopped SMB and restarted the service and the attributes are available for me again.

So anyone with this update may want to check the config file using : cat /etc/samba/smb-extend.conf | grep dos
if you see this : store dos attributes = no
you will not have archive,hidden,readonly nor system attributes flagged in the SMB share. windows will not use them and you can overwrite data very easily if you are not careful.

As a developer I need these tags to flag things as read-only and system often : )

Hope this helps someone :)
elite5211

Post by elite5211 »

Just another faild upgrade system show upgrade succesfull but no icons on the desktop. same as the last roll out. We were told to roll back to 5.0135 we did. Waited for this lastest update and no go. What is going on a Terramaster. New coders that don't under stand. Time is money, who has time to keep rolling the system back and config.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}kenfrog
This is not a bug. "store dos attributes = no" is the default value in smb.conf. If you want to customize the smb advanced configuration, you can go to "control panel > file service > smb > advanced" , add your custom settings into smb configuration file.
smb_custom.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}elite5211

So far, you are the only user reporting this issue. We were also unable to reproduce this issue in our lab. We consider this a special case. The icon cannot be displayed on the desktop, we infer that the system is blocked or cannot be loaded properly. The possible reason is that your disk is not responding to system requests for a long time. Please check whether your hard disk or file system is healthy. It is recommended to do a bad block scan on the disk, or file system defragmentation.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

I find it really strange that an update on one machine will work fine and yet on another cause all kinds of problems, is there any rime or reason for this behaviour (aimed at the guys that actually see everything that going on) My F5-221 when updated to 5.0.135 I lost any means to connect via the desktop app so had to reinstall 5.0.30 and lost to drives because of it, yet just updated to 5.0.144 with no problems, can anyone provide a reason for this?
addx972

Post by addx972 »

plex works with the release ? do you see all the volume ?
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

addx972 wrote:
> plex works with the release ? do you see all the volume ?

if you don't see the volumes, then you probably need to change the "media" group policies for the volume. I also had to do that with Jellyfin, otherwise I wouldn't have access to my volumes.
tepe

Post by tepe »

MisterXY wrote:
> if you don't see the volumes, then you probably need to change the "media"
> group policies for the volume. I also had to do that with Jellyfin, otherwise I
> wouldn't have access to my volumes.

Please explain how did you set that.
elite5211

Post by elite5211 »

TMroy wrote:
> Here what i observed I manually install the 5.0144 after doing a removal or drives then a custom install. It seems that the unit does not reboot during the intialization of the new download. So, what i did was unplug the unit, re-plug the unit in, removed the 2 drives, then allow the unit to do its things. it works, however, the icons do take a little time to fill the screen. So right now 5.0.144 is working. I use good sync and it seems all information is backing up correctly.