TOS 5.0.135 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
canadianviking

Re: TOS 5.0.135 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by canadianviking »

This update broke the web interface for my NAS (F4-422).

If I try and access the web interface for the NAS itself, the Surveillance app, Portainer, or the Adguard container I've got running, the web browser just shows "Unable to Connect". I can't even verify if the Surveillance App and Docker/Portainer are starting up so maybe they're just broken in a different way.

The TNAS PC app can see the NAS, and I can SSH into it, so the NAS has network connectivity. I've rebooted the NAS, tried multiple browsers with no difference. If I try and go to the IP address of the NAS with https://ipaddressofthenas:443, I get a security cert error, then if I accept that error and proceed anyways, it just goes to an "Unable to Connect". So...was some cert screwed up in this update?

What are my steps to move forward and get this NAS working properly? Just removing all the drives, and reinitializing?
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

@TMroy
I have another problem with the media indexer. After every restart it automatically adds all shared folders to be indexed.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

canadianviking wrote:
>

Have you got 2 or more Ethernet ports connected? If so try one of the other’s IP addresses. I had a similar issue, with 192.168.1.228 (Default IP on my network) not working but 192.168.1.60 & 61 working fine. Also are you sure you dont have any ports on that browser url? (Ie 192.168.1.228:32456? For example)
canadianviking

Post by canadianviking »

Nah, I just got the one port connected, so it makes things simple. As far as trying various ports on the NAS IP, I port scanned it and tried every open port..80, 139, 443, 445, 3702, 5032, 5051, 5052, 5355, 5432, 8300, 9222.

I figured this issue out, and it's stupid. SO stupid.

I SSH'd into the NAS. Checked nginx status, and it's stopped. If I do a nginx -t to test the config, I get an error that the config test failed because it can't find/make "usr/local/Surveillance/config/video". Turns out that usr/local/Surveillance is a dead symlink and this breaks nginx, so I renamed it to Surveillance.bak, and created the directory structure it's looking for. nginx -t doesn't error out any more.

Started nginx and checked the status. No errors, nginx is running, and it can load the web interface.

Now, the NAS thinks I've got no apps installed, and trying to install anything just results in an "Operation Failed" error. My SSD cache is broken, and my RAID volume is corrupted...thankfully I stopped storing data on this NAS until the updates are more stable, so all I've really lost was my Adguard container. Guess I'll just reset and reconfigure this thing and go from there.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Just updated via automatic online and now can't log in and if I try via HTTP I get HTTP-proxy bad gateway, and most folders are not accessible via local network, how do I fix this?
joka388

Post by joka388 »

may it be the apprentices are working on the updates? - sorry for the sarcasm :-)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Due to compatibility issues with earlier system versions(before 4.1.x) and TOS 5.0.135, the volume mount fails. It is recommended that you reinstall TOS 5.0.130. We will fix this issue soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Getting extremely fed up with this, now getting to the point where I just forget about using TNAS any more, it's like lucky dip one minute it's working fine the next an update breaks it, and you can no longer access your data, I have persevered for a long long time but enough is enough, time to look at another make!
It's not allowed to have a grump about these things on this forum any more, as it just gets removed, as I suspect this will.
The most annoying thing is that it's going to cost me more money to find something that is reliable.
elite5211

Post by elite5211 »

There email to me was to wait for the next release. But no time line on that. Also they said to tried install the previous version, I attempted that and it will not allow it. The data folder are there, but not data in the current upgrade. Also you can t install and apps what so ever. No upgrade should be put out till all this is tested. My drive is worthless at this point
[
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Well, I consider myself to be the most loyal and patient TNAS user out there! I have persevered for two years now, and on first buying a TNAS I set up and transferred all my data from another NAS and then lost the lot due to a malfunction of the TNAS, I was at the time in two minds whether it was down to the TNAS software or an error on my part, but on looking back and knowing what I know now it was down to the software... I even sent emails to the CEO at that time with no reply whatsoever.

However, I persevered and kept the faith when many would have just said forget it, but after countless problems with software releases and features not working as they should, I think it's time to say enough!