TOS 5.0.129 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
joeh

Re: TOS 5.0.129 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by joeh »

Just switched to TOS 5 on my F2-422 with 5.0.125. Got an error that a disk was at risk, which I considered to be a glitch so I powered it off and turned it back on and it now stated both disks are good as I expected. The install was smooth besides that minor issue. I am shocked I actually got an email notification about there being a new updated firmware version. Had never received any emails with TOS 4. I haven't gone through the new settings yet, but is there a 2FA setting that works with the Authy Authenticator app?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Charlie_Croker

Thank you for your always support! Most of the big issues will be fixed next week.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
PocketTim

Post by PocketTim »

Has anyone got any reliable steps to downgrade to TOS 4?

This update has been an absolute disaster for me. I barely have anything on my drives as I decided to clean house before upgrading.

File transfers via SMB fail, Plex constantly crashes, access to the web OS is often unresponsive. I've had this NAS for years and it's quite happily sat doing it's thing until I made the mistake of upgraded to TOS 5.0.XXX
rocketron51

Post by rocketron51 »

@PocketTim

I had an awful time myself with TOS 5 and frequently went back and forth between TOS 5 and TOS 4, I kept a drive for bay 1 with TOS 4 and a different drive for bay 1 with TOS 5 on, consequently if TOS 5 wouldn't do what I wanted it to do I would turn machine off and replace bay 1 hard drive with the drive that has TOS 4 on it.

I am now running TOS 5.0.129 and find it is working OK for me at the moment, One thing I had to do though to get it running properly was to re-do all the drives under TOS 5. I have a F5-221 which has 5 bays it took a bit of time and patience to get it right. I trashed each drive in bay 2 to bay 5 on a PC then added each drive one at a time. I first made a Storage Pool then restarted then after restart made a Volume on that drive then switched off added the next drive made Storage Pool restarted then made Volume, done this for all 5 bays took a while but it paid off as I now have a stable system.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}PocketTim
Your system properly is overloaded and running sluggish. Please check the "Processes" on the control panel if there are some processes occupying your CPU resource. The media index and AI photo calculating could consume a lot of your CPU power, if yes, please just wait for a while until these processes are complete.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

I had issues after installing 5.0.125 and upgrading to 5.0.129 when I went into the User settings and changed the new super user password.

After entering in a new password (pasted from 1Password -- note you don't seem to handle pasted long/complex passwords -- your check seems to monitor as typed and fails on the paste) and trying to set it the window stayed greyed out and didn't close. I manually closed the whole window but didn't know if the password was changed.

I then opened the User dialog back up and created my local user and set the password -- again this seemed to hang and there was no way to close the Control Panel.

I restarted and decided to try logging in with the new user and it worked.

So there is some issue with updating passwords and creating new users -- the process looks to succeed but the system doesn't close the dialog and has the control panel "greyed out".
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bbezanson

The process of refreshing the user configuration needs a longer time, about 30~50 seconds, depending if your system is business. Please just wait.
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bbezanson
TMroy wrote:
> >
> The process of refreshing the user configuration needs a longer time, about
> 30~50 seconds, depending if your system is business. Please just wait.

@tmroy - I let it go for over 10 minutes and it still never closed the dialog.
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

In another reply regarding Time Machine you said:
"3. you enabled the time machine, or disable it and re-enable it again."

Where does that get done in TOS 5.0.129?

From my Mac, I just see "public" available for Time Machine. I previously had "appdata" used for time machine. How do I enable that directory to be available?

Control Panel -> Media Index and add /Volume1/appdata?
UnknownUser

Post by UnknownUser »

Hello!
Upgraded to TOS 5.0.129 and my chiphered folder is now absolutely empty. Of cause, I've mounted it first by entering the key.
Also tried "Advanced settings/Restore shared folder" - no effect, it is still empty.
Please, help!!
Other unchiphered folder are OK.