TOS 5.0.126 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

TOS 5.0.126 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by TMSupport »

Release Notes

Applicable models: F2-220, F2-221, F2-420, F2-421, F2-422, F4-220, F4-221, F4-420, F4-421, F4-422, F5-220, F5-221, F5-225, F5-420, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422, F2-423, f4-423, T6-423, T9-423, T12-423;

This update includes the following bug fixes for the previous version:
1. Fixed some issues of hot spare.
2. Fixed some issues of shared folders.
3. Fixed some issues of local sharing and remote sharing.
4. Fixed some issues of hyperlock volumes.
5. Fixed some issues of external storage devices.
6. Optimized SSD cache settings.
7. Optimized some settings for selecting the Hyperlock volume when creating a shared folder.
8. Optimized notification of SSD TRIM.
9. Optimized the execution settings of SSD TRIM.

Important Notes
1. This update is only for TOS 5.0.120 or later versions.
2. Under normal circumstances, the system update will not affect the data in your hard drives, but for your data safety, it is strongly recommended that you back up your data before the update!

How to update your TOS?

Manual update:
1. Download the update package: TOS 5.0.126
2. Go to TOS > Control Panel > General Settings > system;
3. Under the "Manual update", upload the update package;
4. Click "Apply";
5. After the system update is complete, you need to refresh your web browser;
6. Your TNAS's IP address may change after the system update, if you are not able to connect to your TNAS with the previous IP, you need to search the new IP again with the TNAC PC client;

Important Note:
After updating to TOS 5.0.126, you need to update your current TNAS PC to 5.0.27 or a later version, or you may not able to search your TNAS device.
1. TNAS PC 5.0.27 for Windows OS
2. TNAS PC 5.0.27 for macOS

It is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing this version of TNAS PC.

Issue report
If you encounter issues during use, please report to the corresponding TerraMaster official forum, or email your issue description and screenshots to pm@terra-master.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Enigma55

Re: TOS 5.0.126 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by Enigma55 »

Once I updated my system from TOS5.0.125 to TOS 5.0.126 my SSD cache was disabled on my 1 Volume and I am no longer able to create a new one with my SSD hard drive. It looks like the cache no longer exists. How can I restore or set up my SSD cache again?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Did SSD cache work normally on TOS 5.0.125? Is the SSD displayed in the hard drive list?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

Unfortunately, the files are still not indexed under MediaIndex. I give him the folders of the video and audio files and press update and he finds 0 files, although video and audio files are present. After a restart, Media Index is deactivated again.
canadianviking

Post by canadianviking »

Enigma55 wrote:
> Once I updated my system from TOS5.0.125 to TOS 5.0.126 my SSD cache was
> disabled on my 1 Volume and I am no longer able to create a new one with my
> SSD hard drive. It looks like the cache no longer exists. How can I restore
> or set up my SSD cache again?

SSH into the NAS and use fdisk to delete all the partitions from the SSD you're using as cache, and then reboot the NAS. You should be able to re-enable the SSD cache. I had to do that a couple times after some of the previous updates..
swest11

Post by swest11 »

After the update Plex won't start. Even if I go into the app centre and go to installed and enable it continuously says "Operation failed". I have both restarted and uninstalled plex and it still won't start
Authenticate

Post by Authenticate »

swest11 wrote:
>
Im having this same issue now plex.... Operation failed.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Firstly thank you for including information about the issues that this release should fix.

Secondly, it would appear that despite having media indexing turned off, I am unable to see any apps in either recommended, app centre or installed, at least with the last version, I could see the apps I had installed, (But no others).

Thirdly this just not feel like a release version of TOS5, it feels like a beta version, with features not working, or missing. Instability etc. TOS4 was by no means perfect but it feels like a proper OS. With support from vendors such as PLEX.

I’m not sure how big the team developing TOS5 are, but there needs to be an investment in terms of getting the software sorted.
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

Authenticate wrote:
> swest11 wrote:
> >
> Im having this same issue now plex.... Operation failed.

I had a similar issue with plex, If you are good with the linux shell - putty to the box and login. you will see that plex has zombie processes, use top to see the zombies listed in the top right as a count. Zombies(x) will be listed after the cpu and memory text graphs.
in the shell you can also check the processes being run use this command without spaces ps -aux | grep plex
This command above will show the plex services as defunct in the shell and you will know that you will be unable to start plex.

I would export your DB and Preferences.xml prior to trying this process, so you recover after the reinstall.

The fix was :
I could never get the Plex as a Scheduled task to run on TOS-5, I think it has something to do with the NTP Server that I selected, I'm not using the NAS as an NTP but I point it to my local firewall. I get a timed out message when trying to setup a scheduled task, I would remove that task if you have it setup.

1. remove the application and reboot (to kill the zombies processes). You cant kill them or end them for some reason, I tried 20 different methods (Kill and Killall ext...) to stop them.

2. once the system is back up reinstall then it should start.

This worked for me.
The TOS 5.0.126 (x.86) is Released for Update - worked fine for me so far - still pending tests but the files are in the correct place and services are online and seem to be working well. ( Model:F5-422 w/8gb ram)
Enigma55

Post by Enigma55 »

TMSupport wrote:
> Did SSD cache work normally on TOS 5.0.125? Is the SSD displayed in the
> hard drive list?
Yes and Yes. The SSD cache was up and running fine until I upgraded the firmware this morning. Now it's set back to disabled and no longer gives me an option to setup the SSD from the hard drive list for a cache.