TOS 5.0.126 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Enigma55

Re: TOS 5.0.126 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by Enigma55 »

canadianviking wrote:
>
Thanks for the info. Do you mind sharing with me the Putty SSH commands you use to do this? I'm not very familiar with using it yet and not sure how to fdisk that drive properly. I can SSH in, but I'm not sure of the proper commands or order to do this right. I appreciate any help!
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

Can confirm that I had the same plex problem and the new app center update is the current version of plex and works to resolve the issue of Plex not starting.

I reinstalled and was able to kill zombie processes but not get Plex working without the update - the error was that the root user was unknown, but the TOS 5.0.126 is working fine and Plex is also starting at boot and updates fixed the issues with the Plex App.

Thanks for the updates and patching.
swest11

Post by swest11 »

I can also confirm that the plex app store update fixed its issue of not loading. Also, the docker app store update fixed the issue of the containers not showing up

Also also, thank you for more detail on what the big updates are trying to fix.
jdalconchel

Post by jdalconchel »

Can install MariaDB but fails when clicking Enable (Operation Failed).

I installed TOS5.0.126 from Scratch 3 times!, formatting HDDs... and first impressions are not good.....

Sorry to say that, but I own a 15 years old Synology 1HDD and continues working like a charm (even with the fan broken). I bought a TNAS with 2HDD 2 years ago to replace it, and to date I don't trust in TNAS' robustness... and continue using the synology as a "secondary" system. I had to reinstall TOS 4 from scratch several times (RAID was failing frequently, so I bought 2 new compliant HDDs), attacked by ramsomware (fortunately I backupped weekly everything in 2 external disks, and my password is complex and very loooooooong), the applications are faulty (e.g. web server / FTP deactivates randomly...)...
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

jdalconchel wrote:
> Can install MariaDB but fails when clicking Enable (Operation Failed).
>
> I installed TOS5.0.126 from Scratch 3 times!, formatting HDDs... and first
> impressions are not good.....
>
> Sorry to say that, but I own a 15 years old Synology 1HDD and continues
> working like a charm (even with the fan broken). I bought a TNAS with 2HDD
> 2 years ago to replace it, and to date I don't trust in TNAS' robustness...
> and continue using the synology as a "secondary" system. I had to
> reinstall TOS 4 from scratch several times (RAID was failing frequently, so
> I bought 2 new compliant HDDs), attacked by ramsomware (fortunately I
> backupped weekly everything in 2 external disks, and my password is complex
> and very loooooooong), the applications are faulty (e.g. web server / FTP
> deactivates randomly...)...

I agree 100%, Synology Disk Station OS is on a completely different level to TOS5. If asked what NAS I would recommend ? It would be a Synology, you will pay more but it will work ,
jdalconchel

Post by jdalconchel »

Are this forum posts being edited/censored? Part of my original post was deleted?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Because we temporarily changed the startup method and running permissions of the application in a very short time before we release TOS 5, this caused some issues in the running of some applications. Unfortunately, due to the tight release schedule, we were not able to detect all these issues before we released the update. We have realized that this was a wrong decision, we are working very hard to fix these issues in short time. and sure, We will fix all these issues soon. We apologize for that!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

jdalconchel wrote:
> Are this forum posts being edited/censored? Part of my original post was
> deleted?

YES, IT MOST DEFINITELY IS! MINE WAS DELETED, IT SEEMS ANYTHING CRITICISING TERRAMASTER IS NOW BEING CENSORED, SO IF THIS IS THE WAY YOUR'E GOING TO PLAY IT I WILL CERTAINLY BE THINKING ABOUT GIVING UP COMPLETELY AND GETTING ANOTHER BRAND, I HAVE BEEN VERY PATIENT WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS CREATED FOR US END USERS BUT THIS IS THE LAST STRAW! AND SINCE I AM A MEMBER OF A FEW FORUMS, THIS ALTITUDE WILL BE MADE PUBLIC!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Tricky

It is recommended that you read the rules of this forum again, forum rules are open to the public. We reserve the right to take action for violations of forum rules.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

So posting a valid criticism is now a contravention of the rules and gets deleted....great way to o treat your long-suffering patrons don't you think, most of us here have been around for a while and put up with quite a lot of problems but when we feel we have to have a moan you just delete the comments, that attitude is certainly not going to win you loyal customers is it?