TOS 5.0.125 (x.86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

TOS 5.0.125 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by TMroy »

Release Notes

Applicable models: F2-220, F2-221, F2-420, F2-421, F2-422, F4-220, F4-221, F4-420, F4-421, F4-422, F5-220, F5-221, F5-225, F5-420, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422, F2-423, f4-423, T6-423, T9-423, T12-423;

This update includes the following bug fixes for the previous version:
1. Fixed some issues of domain and LDAP.
2. Fixed the issue that the TNAS.online access link cannot be redirected to HTTPS when the network service is forcibly directed to HTTPS.
3. Fixed some issues of Rsync backup.
4. Fixed some issues of hot spare.
5. Fixed the issue of IPv6 configuration failure.
6. Optimized SSD cache settings.
7. Optimized VPN connection settings.
8. Optimized some settings of user and user group.
9. Optimized USB device permission settings.

Important Notes
1. This update is only for TOS 5.0.120 or later versions.
2. Under normal circumstances, the system update will not affect the data in your hard drives, but for your data safety, it is strongly recommended that you back up your data before the update!

How to update your TOS?

Manual update:
1. Download the update package: TOS 5.0.125
2. Go to TOS > Control Panel > General Settings > system;
3. Under the "Manual update", upload the update package;
4. Click "Apply";
5. After the system update is complete, you need to refresh your web browser;
6. Your TNAS's IP address may change after the system update, if you are not able to connect to your TNAS with the previous IP, you need to search the new IP again with the TNAC PC client;

Important Note:
After updating to TOS 5.0.125, you need to update your current TNAS PC to 5.0.27 or a later version, or you may not able to search your TNAS device.
1. TNAS PC 5.0.27 for Windows OS
2. TNAS PC 5.0.27 for macOS

It is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing this version of TNAS PC.

Issue report
If you encounter issues during use, please report to the corresponding TerraMaster official forum, or email your issue description and screenshots to pm@terra-master.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Re: TOS 5.0.125 (x.86) is Released for Update

Post by Charlie_Croker »

And sadly the bugs continue, this time the apps centre is blank (Recommended, All and Installed) , despite being connected to the internet (the update function works correctly indicating that there is a connection.) Fix, is to go to Control Panel/Network/Interface, select one and edit the connection (Literally do nothing, just press confirm and it will work.

Also Media indexing still seems broken and seems to halt far too often.

Can I suggest that the updates give a little more information than "1. Fixed some issues".
Authenticate

Post by Authenticate »

Charlie_Croker wrote:
>
Mine did the same for the app center i fixed it by stopping the current Media indexing and refreshing the browser.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

After the system update is complete, you need to refresh your web browser.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

After the system update, I was allowed to set up my system again because the WebUI was no longer accessible. Even refreshing the web browser, deleting the cache and using a different browser were unsuccessful. All I saw was a gray background with a loading circle.
I can also confirm that no media is indexed and no media is displayed either.
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

auto download and update - failed twice. had to manually download and install but the update worked for me :).

SMB shares and dos attributes are working :)

Plex update is not working - tried to install using applications and manual install using the official and outkastm's TPK - all of these failed to load after the fact.
FIX was : Remove Plex - reinstall and reboot the NAS - still not loading ? and not version 1.27.xxx of Plex : )
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Authenticate wrote:
> Charlie_Croker wrote:
> >
> Mine did the same for the app center i fixed it by stopping the current Media
> indexing and refreshing the browser.

Thanks, switched off Media Indexing, cleared browser cache, refreshed and restarted, still the same. tried different browser (Chrome) still get no apps and “No valid data” displayed. Rolling back to TOS4. (Again)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

As soon as you have an issue when you using TOS or an app, please provide helpful information so that we can reproduce the issue and fix it, for example
logs, screenshot, video, and detailed descriptions. Just because the way to collect logs will be different for each issue, so please wait for our further instruction.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MisterXY

Your description does not provide helpful information, please describe your issue more in detail, and provide some necessary screenshots to better understand.
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

OK, after updating from version 5.0.124 to version 5.0.125 I no longer had access to the web interface. All I saw was a gray screen with a blue loading circle. Deleting the browser cache and using a different browser were unsuccessful and I still only saw the gray screen with the blue loading circle. Several restarts of the NAS and the PC were unsuccessful. Even logging in like TNAS software was not possible. I only had access to the web interface again after I formatted the HDD and reinstalled TOS 5.0.125. I hope what I wrote is clearer now.