The Brand New TOS 5 is Released!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
kenfrog

Re: The Brand New TOS 5 Officially Released Today!

Post by kenfrog »

outkastm wrote:
> Is it possible to install the plex from official Plex site on TOS5?
>
> If not, here is the link to the latest version 1.27.1.5916 for TOS5
>
> https://bit.ly/39VGKBQ

SO I'm not an admin here but i know why this is not working - the mapping for the files to install is incorrect the old path was /md0/mnt and the new path is /Volume1. So the Plex TPK is using a install method that points to a disk that is not currently on the system - so the that is why we are getting the error "Incorrect Package" Your Link is helpful but the Plex Coders will have to adjust the paths to patch the new layout.

The path is the only thing that i found that has really changed on us here.
rocketron51

Post by rocketron51 »

@kenfrog

It is also possibly why you cannot upgrade Emby, the latest version of Emby is 4.7.5.0
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

rocketron51 wrote:
> @kenfrog
>
> It is also possibly why you cannot upgrade Emby, the latest version of Emby
> is 4.7.5.0

If you have a link to the emby installer or the tpk - I would be happy to poke about the thing.

Plex tries to install to /usr/www and /usr/local and setup a init.d script that points to the /mnt/md0/user - that has moved to /Users (I think i recall seeing it there in the shell : ) )

The path that the package is looking to export into is export TMPDIR="/home/plex/tmp_transcoding"

My personal SSH shell is showing /Volume 1/home/plex

*** here is a look at the paths from the config files ***** (Notice : /mnt/md0/User/plex) this is the mount point that is missing again :) )
*** PATH found in /etc/init.d/plex the startup script for this package that is clearly never going to locate plex : ) ***

# Grant 'video' group access to /dev/dri/renderD128 on x86_64
if [ "$(uname -m)" = "x86_64" ]; then
chgrp video "/dev/dri/renderD128" "/dev/dri/card0"
fi

# Create and symlink 'plex' user directory if not present
if [ ! -d "/mnt/md0/User/plex" ]; then
mkdir "/mnt/md0/User/plex" > /dev/null 2>&1
chown plex:plex "/mnt/md0/User/plex"
ln -sf "/mnt/md0/User/plex" "/home/plex"
fi

# Ensure Library directory has correct permissions
if [ -d /home/plex/Library ] && [ "$(stat -c %U:%G /home/plex/Library)" != "plex:plex" ]; then
chown -R plex:plex "/home/plex/Library"
fi

# Ensure temp transcoding directory exists with correct permissions
mkdir -p "/home/plex/tmp_transcoding" > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ -d "/home/plex/tmp_transcoding" ]; then
chown -R plex:plex "/home/plex/tmp_transcoding"

I could be completely incorrect here but this is a stating place if we are going to fix these. If i has a second device i would be willing to ninja a fix into the paths so that they work : )
rocketron51

Post by rocketron51 »

Thanks kenfrog for the info,

I'm afraid I am not using TOS 5 at the moment as I got so fed up with the problems, like Docker not running properly, After reset all Volumes moving around and lots of other niggly things that should not be in a so called "Release" version I have gone back to TOS 4.2.39.

I am going to wait until a more stable version of TOS 5 appears.
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

kenfrog wrote:
> outkastm wrote:
> > Is it possible to install the plex from official Plex site on TOS5?
> >
> > If not, here is the link to the latest version 1.27.1.5916 for TOS5
> >
> > https://bit.ly/39VGKBQ
>
>
> SO I'm not an admin here but i know why this is not working - the mapping for the
> files to install is incorrect the old path was /md0/mnt and the new path is /Volume1.
> So the Plex TPK is using a install method that points to a disk that is not
> currently on the system - so the that is why we are getting the error "Incorrect
> Package" Your Link is helpful but the Plex Coders will have to adjust the paths
> to patch the new layout.
>
> The path is the only thing that i found that has really changed on us here.

The .tpk for TOS5 have a complete different structure than the one use for TOS4, not only some changes on the path. Also need to be packed using the packaging environment tool for TOS5 which is not available yet. I made this tpk to help the guys that want to update to latest version, till the moment Plex will get the new packaging environment for TOS5 and will create the files themself.
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

outkastm wrote:
> kenfrog wrote:
> > outkastm wrote:
> > > Is it possible to install the plex from official Plex site on TOS5?
> > >
> > > If not, here is the link to the latest version 1.27.1.5916 for TOS5
> > >
> > > https://bit.ly/39VGKBQ
> >
> >
> > SO I'm not an admin here but i know why this is not working - the mapping for
> the
> > files to install is incorrect the old path was /md0/mnt and the new path is
> /Volume1.
> > So the Plex TPK is using a install method that points to a disk that is not
> > currently on the system - so the that is why we are getting the error
> "Incorrect
> > Package" Your Link is helpful but the Plex Coders will have to adjust the
> paths
> > to patch the new layout.
> >
> > The path is the only thing that i found that has really changed on us here.
>
> The .tpk for TOS5 have a complete different structure than the one use for TOS4, not
> only some changes on the path. Also need to be packed using the packaging environment
> tool for TOS5 which is not available yet. I made this tpk to help the guys that want
> to update to latest version, till the moment Plex will get the new packaging
> environment for TOS5 and will create the files themself.

!!!! Super Sweet !!!!
Question : Do You have the TOS 5 Dev Tool or PKG ENV tools ? or a document that would help us automate the packing process? ?
if there is a method or tool to rejig these things, we can build a make file or automate a process.

you are correct there are more changes here, unfortunately I only found the init.d script paths and got pulled away by other priorities.
OllieHardy

Re: The Brand New TOS 5 is Released!

Post by OllieHardy »

Hi all,

Both TOS and TNAS PC are updated to today's newest versions. I am attempting to Map drives to file explorer as before the updates occurred, however not all folders on my NAS (which display on the web version of TOS) are being shown in file explorer.

All my documents etc, are in a folder called 'Homes' , which is visible online but not on my local network (file explorer).

The only folders displaying are:

Appdata
Application
Multimedia
OllieHardy (my new username for TOS 5 Setup)
Photoa
Plex
Public.

In TOS Online, there is one folder labelled 'Homes' which is the only folder not displaying and frustratingly is the only one I need a file explorer shortcut to. I'd like to map the drive to this. Can anyone help or does anyone have the same issue? I'd post a screenshot but don't know how
mcille

Post by mcille »

TOS 5 the big deception.
After the upgrade I lost my m2 all data was wiped but my problems not ended there.

I was configuring everything and I don't know why my web UI stopped working. I tried everything but nginx seemed to have a good configuration but the application was not listening to the port. I tried to restore nginx files from /etc.default without success the only workaround disconnecting all the disks (which is very hard for the m2 disks ) and connecting again and reinstalling everything.

The SMTP was not working during the configuration.

I entered on a system where the root user is renamed to your web UI user (Of course no sudo) WHY THE HELL ANYBODY WILL THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?? (TOS5 supposedly is safer)

If you try to create a group of users the "root" user is included in all of them and you cannot delete him (is grey out).
You need to explicitly declare all the permissions on all shared folders (which is a problem if you want to take advantage of the groups).
You cannot deny any folder to "root" user before I had a different user for the backups so if the main user gets compromised at least don't have access.

I don't know why but even without authentication I could access to several folders via SMB.
Of course, you need to make all operations with root user otherwise the applications will not work.
The docker application don't let me go further from the initial screen and only work as "root".
The applications create a folder for each app shared on SMB.

At some point during the night the NAS was beeping all the time (RAID degraded) but everything was healthy with smartctl I checked that one disk gave me errors very strange because it started out of nowhere I took out the bay and connected again and no more errors.

Looks like the kind of things you cannot patch.

I needed to rollback to TOS4 and now everything is better but is really not good on a new device (F4-423) which cost 500€.

At least the support try to help but sometimes without any success.
I was curious and exited about terramaster NAS but now I'm frustrated and thinking seriously to ask for a refund and try a synology.
OllieHardy

Post by OllieHardy »

I'm afraid I can't agree more with the above post. To spend so much money on what is supposed to be such a high end device, and I cannot access my files or share them easily with others, is unforgiveable.

Even before TOS5, the simple task of sharing video or photo files with others is needlessly difficult, borderline embarrassing when working with clients for sharing wedding photos etc.

Sadly I have had the NAS for over a year so the return is out of the question and I don't much fancy buying a new System now, to relearn how that one works. I hope beyond hope that a session with a Terrmaster expert will resolve my current problems but their being in China doesn't exactly help because their hours of service are 9hrs ahead of the UK which means help is never an easy fix
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}OllieHardy

The homes directory contains all user directories, it is invisible via SMB access, only the directory of the currently accessed user can be seen.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)