The Brand New TOS 5 is Released!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
jhalfhide

Re: The Brand New TOS 5 Officially Released Today!

Post by jhalfhide »

I run mine as a Plex server, an OpenVPN server, a PiHole (in docker), and lastly... a NAS.

Looks like I will definitely have to wait until this leaves it's unofficial beta. Also less than pleased with the idea of not being a straightforward update.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

OK just updated to the TOS 5.0.124 (x.86) and now the TOS 5 machine is visible on the network, however I think it may have introduced some other undesirable effects, then again they could be intensional.

First, I note that the TOS 5 machine is now no longer found on the older TNAS PC when it was before, but that is not a problem, just an observation.
Second the TNAS PC 5 now sees both machines TOS 4 and 5, and I can log in as normal to the TOS4 machine but if I try and log into the TOS 5 machine it asks for a username and password on the TNAS PC screen and will often not do anything when the details are entered even when the button is clicked, it brings up these screens (seen images) but sometimes cannot log out on this page and have to do so on the 192.***.** 8181 page instead,

Further to this in order to successfully log in and asses the TOS page you have to log in and then click the head/shoulders icon which then takes you to a system display and then click the world button just in order to be taken to the TOS page where you are already logged in but sometimes not, and you have to do so again!

This is very convoluted and quite frankly a pain in the ass! Surly, you can sort one problem without introducing yet another!

Another observation is that the TNAS PC is very slow to load, and very slow to complete its scan for devices!
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Forgot to add the images.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ad9tplz.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SrcG6l1.jpg[/img]
UnknownUser

Post by UnknownUser »

"Automatically check and download updates" is off. But I've got notification that new TOS 5.0.124 is available! Is it a magic? :)

After installing 5.0.124 there are serious problems with performance:
1. Memory usage now is twice more.
2. In idle mode CPU was 1-3% (5.0.123), but now(5.0.124) it frequently and constantly jumps to 50-100%.
3. WEB-interface periodically works slowly and hanging for a while when opening.
4. In Processes there are very many of process "Postgres".
????
How to rollback system to TOS 5.0.123??
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}UnknownUser

Your media index is rebuilding, just wait for a moment.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jonwren

Post by jonwren »

New update 5.0.124 and...
Plex still won't update to the latest version
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

OK, we're on the right track. What doesn't really work is disabling media indexing, it's re-enabled after every reboot and when I go to "Scheduled Tasks" I always get a message saying "Login timed out! Please log in again." I have to confirm that and then I land back on the surface.
ThorLiv

Post by ThorLiv »

Certificate for cn.tnas.link still do not work. Have to fallback to http.
Any plan to fix this before hell freezes ?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

MisterXY wrote: 25 Jun 2022, 02:27 OK, we're on the right track. What doesn't really work is disabling media indexing, it's re-enabled after every reboot and when I go to "Scheduled Tasks" I always get a message saying "Login timed out! Please log in again." I have to confirm that and then I land back on the surface.
Thanks for your feedback, the problem you mentioned is being resolved.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

ThorLiv wrote: 25 Jun 2022, 09:35 Certificate for cn.tnas.link still do not work. Have to fallback to http.
Any plan to fix this before hell freezes ?
Can I ask what does it mean that the certificate for cn.tnas.link still doesn't work?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)