The Brand New TOS 5 is Released!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
OllieHardy

Re: The Brand New TOS 5 is Released!

Post by OllieHardy »

Hi all

When file sharing, the recipient can only see purple thumbnails of the videos, on which page they can download only, but not view.

I have enabled the multimedia and have a Nas f2-422, which ought to be able to output 4k streaming with ease, but seemingly this feature is not possible with TNAS.

Can you confirm the best way to share videos so the recipient can view these, preferably on their mobile devices without having to download? Is this a feature we will see in the future?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

We will study it and will try to implement it in future versions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

F2-221 running 5.0.129 for 2 days now. The CPU is at 100% and there are dozens of "postgres" processes using all of the CPU. Getting frequent messages that the utilization is over 90% and that the system sluggisH (no kidding). I am not running any media servers so it shouldn't be indexing media as others noted previously. Is this Terra Search setting up indexing? I only have 165gb of data on this system so it shouldn't be that much time or process.

Any thoughts?
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

titanrx8 wrote:
> F2-221 running 5.0.129 for 2 days now. The CPU is at 100% and there are
> dozens of "postgres" processes using all of the CPU. Getting
> frequent messages that the utilization is over 90% and that the system
> sluggisH (no kidding). I am not running any media servers so it shouldn't
> be indexing media as others noted previously. Is this Terra Search setting
> up indexing? I only have 165gb of data on this system so it shouldn't be
> that much time or process.
>
> Any thoughts?
It's now been running at 100% for over 3 days with the disk light flashing continuously and the TerraSearch app still greyed out with the spinning icon saying "preparing". I only have 165gb of data on this NAS. How long should this continue before accepting that the app isn't working? A progress bar would be helpful.

Has anyone gotten this app to work? Does it need internet access? My NAS are behind the firewall and don't have internet access unless granted a temporary exception.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8

1. TerraSearch is not associated with media index. If you find that "postgres" and "mediaindex" use high CPU resources, please go to Control Panel - Media Index to check whether media index is enabled.
2. Please close the application page and go to Application Center - Installed to check if TerraSearch is enabled.
3. TerraSearch does not require internet access.
4. Since TerraSearch will occupy a large amount of system resources, it is generally recommended to use it on devices with more than 4G memory.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
TMSupport wrote:
> >
> 1. TerraSearch is not associated with media index. If you find that
> "postgres" and "mediaindex" use high CPU resources,
> please go to Control Panel - Media Index to check whether media index is
> enabled.
I never enabled Media Index however its page shows that the index is complete.

> 2. Please close the application page and go to Application Center -
> Installed to check if TerraSearch is enabled.
TerraSearch is enabled and the page continues to indicate "preparing" after 3 days.

> 3. TerraSearch does not require internet access.
> 4. Since TerraSearch will occupy a large amount of system resources, it is
> generally recommended to use it on devices with more than 4G memory.
I am going to try to uninstall the TerraSearch app. Its resource demands are causing other functions to fail. This is my backup server that I need for data backups and other testing and it has to be reliable and fast. A global search function would have been nice to have but will continue to use search under SMB from the PCs.
kkao33

Post by kkao33 »

JoKr wrote:
>
I have the same problem. Can anyone tell whether we can ignore this message and carry on the installation while keep existing data on HDD?
kkao33

Post by kkao33 »

Try to update to TOS 5 while keeping existing data on HDDs. During NAS initialization after selecting "Custom" I got the message "Data on hard drive(s) will be deleted! Are you sure you want to continue?"

Help, what is the procedure to carry out TOS 5 installation without deleting data on existing HDDs?
gizmomelb

Re: The Brand New TOS 5 Officially Released Today!

Post by gizmomelb »

rocketron51 wrote:

> The couple of things I like about Terramaster (especially the F5-221) is
> the construction, very solid, and the quiteness, and the fact that you can
> remove the USB micro stick inside and replace with whatever OS you like. I
> ran Xpenology 6.23 for a while.

Hi rocketron51 - did you manage to install DSM 6.23 on the F5-221 or am I misinterpreting you? If you did, was it difficult?

Thank you.
rocketron51

Post by rocketron51 »

@gizmomelb

Yes I did run DSM 6.23 on my F5-221 and it is not too dificult but you must follow instructions on Xpenology forum.

I no longer run it on my F5-221 now I now run TOS 5.0.130