Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
kenny31

Re: TOS 4.2.31(ARM) is released for update

Post by kenny31 »

crisisacting wrote:
> TMRyan wrote:
> >
>
> Are there any forthcoming updates for the ARM series devices?

Take the long silences regarding ARM device updates as a big NO as we seem to have been thrown on the scrapheap sorry to say but it's true
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

kenny31 wrote:
> crisisacting wrote:
> > TMRyan wrote:
> > >
> >
> > Are there any forthcoming updates for the ARM series devices?
>
> Take the long silences regarding ARM device updates as a big NO as we seem to have
> been thrown on the scrapheap sorry to say but it's true

i dont know about you though my F2-210 just works so i'm more than happy as long as it stays this way, its now a ronseal product .. does exactly what it says on the tin

while i'm preparing myself for a new unit eventually when i want to upgrade it, i'm finding i backed the wrong unit to start with (not for my needs, but for some extra ability like windows VM's, MS SQL etc that arent really possible on an ARM based device, even if they do bring out a new ARM device for TOS 5)
Southland

Post by Southland »

Terramaster is still selling the F2-210 and F4-210 in the US on Amazon and Newegg. I don't know if they will roll out TOS 5 on these units, but I do expect to see updates as needed to TOS 4.2. But I'm hopeful these units will receive TOS 5 at some point in the future as I have both of them.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

Southland wrote:
> Terramaster is still selling the F2-210 and F4-210 in the US on Amazon and
> Newegg. I don't know if they will roll out TOS 5 on these units, but I do
> expect to see updates as needed to TOS 4.2. But I'm hopeful these units
> will receive TOS 5 at some point in the future as I have both of them.

yep exactly this, they are still getting security updates but i think no new features will be rolled out to these units, the concern is whether actually upgrading to TOS5 in the future would make sense, you wouldnt really want to install windows 10 on a computer that was designed for windows XP for example
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

sianderson wrote:

> yep exactly this, they are still getting security updates but i think no new features
> will be rolled out to these units

They'd actually have to be getting updates for them to be receiving security updates. TerraMaster saying they're supporting the ARM units and actually supporting them by fixing critical security flaws are two different things.
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

Unfortunately, it seems like even known & long-standing security issues are not in TM's priorities to fix on this platform...
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3253

[quote=macmpi post_id=21090 time=1662302055 user_id=81]
[quote=TMroy post_id=20856 time=1661431984 user_id=1656]
Will be updated too in near future.
[/quote]Could you please be more specific on how soon/late this [i]near future[/i] is to be?...
[/quote]

PS: please fix BBCode on this thread
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}macmpi
As there are some technical issues that happened during the netatalk update, the tech team need more time to figure out the issues. Please wait! Just check from our side, the BBcode is on. Is there any other has the same BBcode issue?
bbcodeon.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
kenny31

Post by kenny31 »

I rest my case. Even tmroy cant bring himself to give us any details on any future updates for ARM devices tells you a lot of what the priorities are and its not ARM that's for sure!
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

kenny31 wrote:
> I rest my case. Even tmroy cant bring himself to give us any details on any
> future updates for ARM devices tells you a lot of what the priorities are
> and its not ARM that's for sure!

you will find this with tmroy, they will avoid answering any questions and just fob you off, the other tm people arent bad but usually best to just ignore most things tmroy says, the amount of pointless conversations ive had with them over the couple of years has been insane, i even started to doubt whether they were anything to do with tm at one point