TOS 4.2.32(X86) is released for update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

TOS 4.2.32(X86) is released for update

Post by TMSupport »

TOS 4.2.32 (X86) Release Notes

Applicable models: F2-220, F2-221, F2-420, F2-421, F2-422, F4-220, F4-221, F4-420, F4-421, F4-422, F5-220, F5-221, F5-225, F5-420, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422

This update includes the following bug fixes for the previous version:
1. Fixed a vulnerability of login information encryption.

Important Notes
1. This update is only for TOS 4.2.01 or later versions. If your TOS is 4.1.27 or an earlier version, please refer to here.
2. Under normal circumstances, the system update will not affect the data in your hard drives, but for your data safety, it is strongly recommended that you back up your data before the update!

How to update your TOS?

Online update:
1. Go to TOS > Control Panel > General settings > Software update;
2. Check the option "Online update", click "Apply";
3. Follow the prompt to finish the update;

Manual update:
1. Download the update package: Update package for x.86 models
2. Go to TOS> Control Panel> General Settings> Update & Restore, and click “Manual Update”;
3. Click "Browse" to select the update package;
4. Click "Apply";

Issue report
If you encounter issue during using, please report to TerraMaster official forum “TOS update”.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gandalf1369
United States of America

Re: TOS 4.2.32(X86) is released for update!

Post by Gandalf1369 »

Updated my F2-220. Update went smoothly and, so far, no problems. Am running Docker (PiHole in a container), Tautulli, and Sonarr.
F5-221 with 4x5TB drives in Raid 5 (Plex Media Server, TOS 4.2.40)
F4-220 with 2x8TB, 1x6TB in JBOD (Docker, PiHole, Uptime-Kuma, tnfsd-x64, TOS 5.1.123)
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

Updated my F2-422 without problems. No selfactivating services or something.
Before the update the desktop widget showed a message that my NAS needs attention because of some suspicious files or something (I am German, so I don't know the correct translation). I never had that before. The files are Plex databases and the update file itself, while it was downloaded. The message disappeared after the update. Where can I find more information about this feature/function?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}"Jac

The system partition is abnormally occupied. If you encounter this issue again, you can contact our tech team to check it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

FYI I didn't see this page until after I had upgraded - My F4-220 said there was a new update but failed to download it.

So I went to the download page and manually downloaded the 4.2.32 update and installed it on my 4.1.27 system.

Things appear to have updated properly, but I just wanted to confirm if there was anything I should check.

I did have an issue with the old version of Plex that is installed -- I couldn't get the DVR working right.

I downloaded the latest version of the Plex server for TerraMaster https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/

Before installing I uninstalled the old version from the Application Center. Then I did a manual install and the latest version was installed and picked up my previous settings just fine and ran -- and I was able to add my HD Homerun as the DVR and everything is working.

My biggest question is how to install a new version of the Docker server since the TerraMaster applications are no longer being updated -- TerraMaster needs to publish an article on why they are doing this and how to replace those applications (links to the download files to install).
kype

Post by kype »

So I went thru the update this evening, but I have been unable to login to TNAS ever since. I guess I've tried too many times because I was finally able to reset my password in case that was the issue, but now I am getting the message that "Your IP address has been blocked. Please contact your administrator." HELP!?!!?
Overclocked

Post by Overclocked »

"Before installing I uninstalled the old version from the Application Center. Then I did a manual install and the latest version was installed and picked up my previous settings just fine and ran -- and I was able to add my HD Homerun as the DVR and everything is working." Thanks for posting this i was wondering why there was no update after all this time. I want to confirm to others that i updated plex manually without having to uninstall the previous version and its up and running great.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}kype

Please use another device to log in, go to Control Panel > Security > Account Security, and unblock the blocked IP in the block list.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Overclocked wrote: 14 Apr 2022, 13:44 "Before installing I uninstalled the old version from the Application Center. Then I did a manual install and the latest version was installed and picked up my previous settings just fine and ran -- and I was able to add my HD Homerun as the DVR and everything is working." Thanks for posting this i was wondering why there was no update after all this time. I want to confirm to others that i updated plex manually without having to uninstall the previous version and its up and running great.
The TOS application center will not update plex frequently. If you want to update the plex application, please go to the plex official website.
laptoid

Re: TOS 4.2.32(X86) is released for update

Post by laptoid »

Tell me, where can I find the full (!) installation version of 4.2.32?
Thanks