TNAS F5-221 uptade 4.2.30 PLEX ISSUE

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
terminatom

TNAS F5-221 uptade 4.2.30 PLEX ISSUE

Post by terminatom »

Hello,
I just made the uptade 4.2.30 for my TNAS F5-221 and after this i get an issue with plex, on the app i can't found my server and his library files.
I can make a new server and re-scan all my library but i don't know why i lost the old one. It seems like the IP adress change but im not sure. Someone had the same problem and resolve it ?
thanks for help
Quadriflax

Re: TNAS F5-221 uptade 4.2.30 PLEX ISSUE

Post by Quadriflax »

terminatom wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 22:07 Hello,
I just made the uptade 4.2.30 for my TNAS F5-221 and after this i get an issue with plex, on the app i can't found my server and his library files.
I can make a new server and re-scan all my library but i don't know why i lost the old one. It seems like the IP adress change but im not sure. Someone had the same problem and resolve it ?
thanks for help
I had something similar. Plex was not loading and kept saying it was configuring when I tried to launch it. I ended up installing the latest version direct from Plex (not from the TerraMaster app store, which is behind in version number). I needed to log out of all of my client apps (e.g., phone, tablet) and log back in, and everything showed up. However, Plex was not recognizing certain files and metadata was messed up. As best I can figure, it corrupted *something* because I ended up needing to delete everything Plex related (minus the actual media files) and start from scratch, rebuilding my libraries. Once I did that, everything started working again (though I still don't seem to have "skip intro" function working, at least everything else loads). Not sure if there's anything else that can be tried, but I figured I'd rather just bite the bullet and redo my library than spend who knows how long trying to find the source of the issue and fixing it.

My library is quite small and I'm the only one that uses it, and I only use it locally. I'm a very light user, so redoing my library was pretty painless. However, it seemed the only option unless I wanted to spend a ton of time on it, with no guaranteed success. For the record, I'm running on an F2-220.
terminatom

Post by terminatom »

Hello,
Thanks quadrifax for your help,

I'm back because again i get the same issue again. After a power outage my TNAS turned off.
After the reset i was unable to connect on my server "terminatom"
issue 1.PNG
So i decided to launch plex directly from the terramaster
issue 2.PNG
terminatom

Post by terminatom »

After this, it's still impossible to conect to terminatom but a new server appear,
image_2022-04-04_191646937.png
TNAS-0128D3 and i have to rescan all my library it's quite annoying because i have a lot of files to scan i need to reconnect all my device on the new plex server.
I hope it will be more understandable with my screenshot.
Thanks you all for your help
Terminatom