TOS 5 Beta is released for testing NOW!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Charlie_Croker

Re: TOS 5 Beta is released for testing NOW!

Post by Charlie_Croker »

So following the issues i reported on (See report Issues section of this forum), I ended up completely wiping drives, reinstalling TOS 5.0 beta as I was unable to get Tos4 to work.
Set up a storage pool
Set up a volume
Set up various shared folders.
Then did a restart to ensure all was working, and the password bug I (and others) have reported on happens yet again.

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

You should not repeatedly post the same issue again and again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Charlie_Croker

We are going to release a new beta version of TNAS PC for Windows and macOS soon.
The beta app for iOS was released to public for testing in last month, and the Android version is coming soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

@TMroy

You need to resolve the issue then. It's happened repeatedly over various versions of TOS5.0. You also need to feedback on bug reports and not just ask for "Remote Access", ******************************.

I am pleased to hear you are finally planning to release a working version of an essential App soon. Hopefully you will learn from this and ensure TNAS PC actually works with TOS 5 and MacOS/Windows 11. As for the Mobile Apps, again, well done, its only taken a couple of months.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Charlie_Croker
To be fair, compared to other brands, the terramaster team is the quickest in responding to user's posts in the forum. We respond proactively to every user-reported issue. However, if you cannot provide helpful information, we cannot take further action.That's why we need remote session. You have right to refuse a remote session, we just can't help in this case. Warning! please pay attention to the forum rules, only focus on your topic on your issue, don't talk about other irrelevant topics such as country, politics, race, religious beliefs.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

@TMRoy
We have been waiting for a working version of TNAS-PC (Mac) for months. And yes you do answer posts in the forum, but very little progress appears to be made, for example; HEIC support was requested in September 21 (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2378) , but here we are 8 months later and it's still being requested. This is not meant to be a criticism, but it is a fact. I really want Terramaster to do well, and I dont post my feelings lightly or in the aim of making Terramaster lose face. It is just advice top help you become a premier NAS brand. You offer tremendous value for money but, that only goes so far, I would gladly pay for TOS updates (Major revisions) if I thought it would help. I can appreciate users pay for a device and then get free software updates for a long time. (with zero revenue gained for the company).

I hope you guys (and girls) will eventually get on top of the OS and software issues. As I have said I use NAS products made by QNAP, Synology and even WD. (I keep meaning to get an Asustor to add to my list) If I report a bug to QNAP or Synology, it tends to get resolved quite quickly (depending on the severity), with feedback given by the software teams. (WD never respond). With Terramaster it occasionally gets resolved. (The login issue with TOS5.0 has gone on for months, in fact I got very good at reinstalling TOS5, even keeping a copy on my desktop for ready access.)

I have to repeat the well known idiom, "Software sells Hardware", at present I feel your hardware is streets ahead of the software.
Anyway, discussing this publicly is not a good idea. So I wish you and all TM staff well and look forward to hearing that TOS 5 is a tremendous success. (I still think its a better OS than QTS 5 , but possibly you could learn a lot from Diskstation 7.

Anyway to all other users, TM produces very good products and I am sure that they will soon produce great devices, keep the faith.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you! You will see the big process from terramaster soon.
Enigma55

Post by Enigma55 »

When will we see a new beta release update? There hasn't been a new release for quite some time and I still can't setup an SSD cache or access the screen for it or setup a remote folder.
Dayveeb0460

Post by Dayveeb0460 »

krisprolls wrote:
> For info, with any version of tos 5 beta, I can log in ONCE to the browser,
> then log in isn't possible anymore. (wrong user name of password)
> I did 5 reinstall with different versions and still the same.
> I give up as I cannot test anything.
I have exactly the same problem, after 1st login if my f2-221 has a restart or shutdown and restart I cannot login at all, v5.012, re installation is the only option and it all starts again.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The TOS 5 will be released soon.