TOS 5 Beta is released for testing NOW!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Russ777

Re: TOS 5 Beta is released for testing NOW!

Post by Russ777 »

Charlie_Croker wrote:
> New here so please forgive errors in etiquette, I have the same issue with being locked out with my password not being accepted. Can I ask how you re-installed the TOS as the new Windows Assistant is nothing more than an icon with not function what so ever. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Russ777

Did you contain any special characters in your password? Are you sure you input the correct username and password?
Did you create any other user account rather than only one user account? can you log in with another user account?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

@Russ777

Switch NAS off, remove drives (just pull the drive sledges out slightly, not fully remove as if they’re in a RAID, if you mix them up there could be issues).
Now using your PC/Mac download the latest version of TOS5. (Page 1 of this thread has a link). Leave Ethernet cable connected
Switch the NAS on and using a browser log in the IP address of the NAS, (it will probably alter from what you normally use, use FING or Lanscan to discover the address).
Once you have found the IP send logged in you should see a message warning that there’s no drives, now plug your drives back in.
Select custom install
Let the drive check complete
Install TOS 5 when prompted
Now follow the prompts and all should be good (You shouldn’t lose your data on drives)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Russ777
TMroy wrote:
> >
> Did you contain any special characters in your password? Are you sure you
> input the correct username and password?
> Did you create any other user account rather than only one user account?
> can you log in with another user account?

As in my bug report, I can confirm the following

1. No special characters. (It was similar to OP238899B )
2. Definitely the correct ID/Password
3. Yes, I created 3 accounts
4. No same behaviour exhibited unable to log in on any account.
5. Also email recovery does not work
6. Tried logging in via Mac/PC/iPad and Linux. None work
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Charlie_Croker

Thank you very much for your information! Would you describe more specifics about the following two points:
4. No same behaviour exhibited unable to log in on any account.
5. Also email recovery does not work.

You are not able to log in to any of your accounts, right? where is the different behavioar?
When you try to recover your password via email, what error did you get? which step you stuck at?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

I found a next bug or feature. If I install version 5 on an SSD and then connect it to the internal USB port via USB to SATA adapter, it starts normally. But as soon as I install an additional hard drive, the system no longer starts after a restart. Only when I remove the HDD again does the system start again.
With version 4 I don't have these problems. But if I install the SSD in one of the slots, then this error does not occur.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MisterXY

What is your model number? did you remove the USB boot from the internal USB port?
By the way, i do not understand why you need to connect a SSD via SATA to the internal USB.
MisterXY
Germany

Post by MisterXY »

I have an F5-221 model. I install everything normally on an SSD and finish the setup.
Then I remove the stick from the internal USB port and then attach the SSD with a USB to SATA adapter. As a result, the slot is not occupied (very good, especially with the 2 bay) and the system is on a non-rotating disk.
Up to firmware 4 that also works 1a. Unfortunately not with version 5. Since it only runs up to the point until I have installed the HDD's and the next restart then no longer works.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

@TMroy
>
4. So if I try to log into the NAS with any device the same thing happens, same as if I try different browsers.
5. When I click to recover password, nothing happens, (normally you would see the rest password/Security email prompt).

Prior to this (and an indication its going to fail), is that despite being logged in, I am unable to access Control Panel or App centre while Backup, Remote access etc will work, once I log out of the NAS, I am unable to regain access without a pull drives and reinstall.

I have emailed the bug reports regarding this.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

@TMRoy

Also can you please give outkastm the packaging tool he needs to continue his excellent work repackaging external apps? This is a deal breaker for me and I am sure many others. He has done amazing work giving us tools such as a Unifi controller. Please give him what he needs to make TOS5.0 a useful tool and one which will help you sell many more NAS. (For example a decent Unifi Cloudkey controller is not much less than the price of a TM NAS).