TOS Update 4.2.30 stuck on "Loading..." for over 2 Hours

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
V8Triker
Great Britain

Re: TOS Update 4.2.30 stuck on "Loading..." for over 2 Hours

Post by V8Triker »

[at=TMSupport post_id=16892 time=1646216806 user_id=59][/at]
TMSupport wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 18:26 Please make sure your NAS has SSH enabled and you have entered the correct port of SSH.
That could be a Catch-22.
If they can not access the Web interface, or SSH, how do they check that SSH is enabled ;)
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out the window.

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
3X WD RED PLUS 3TB (RAID5)
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
jason_t

Post by jason_t »

TMSupport wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 18:26 Please make sure your NAS has SSH enabled and you have entered the correct port of SSH.
Thanks, but I can't do that if the device is "loading" ...
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

You should wait a while:viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2407
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
jason_t

Post by jason_t »

TMRyan wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 22:42 You should wait a while:viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2407
It's been over 48 hours ... is that long enough?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The system may fail to correct some errors on your file system.
Please try to reboot your device by pressing and holding the power button for three seconds.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jason_t

Post by jason_t »

This is getting absurd.

#1 ... Rebooting using the button doesn't work. The only way I can turn off the device is by unplugging it.
#2 ... It's going on another 48 hours since the restart. Are we just trying to waste time ???
#3 ... When the device is restarted, the webpage shows the "loading screen" but you can only access it for the first few minutes after the device is restarted. This is true using the TNAS-PC application as well. The first few minutes after a reboot, the device can be found via the application. After a few minutes, it can no longer be found.

The only reason I updated the firmware is because it was recommended and now it appears my device is trash.

I don't want to hear any of the crap like it's the hard drive or something like that. It worked just fine before the update. this as a F2-210 using 2 drives with a mirrored configuration. In theory, it should function with only one working. It seems unlikely that both have developed a problem at the same time as the firmware update was performed.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}jason_t
It may be caused by abnormal system or file system. Since you cannot login to the SSH terminal, please try to reinstall TOS first. If the problem still exits, please contact our tech team to help you troubleshoot the problem remotely.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
therealsnarfster

Post by therealsnarfster »

Does anybody have a solution here ?

I just got the f5-221. Followed instructions, and now it is totally dead. No login, no drives, just a spinning wheel from the tnas.local.

Been like that for a couple hours.