TOS 4.2.30 is released for update!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Fabyxxx

Re: TOS 4.2.30 is released for update!

Post by Fabyxxx »

Hello,
Since the update, unable to copy a file from Windows Explorer to my HDD.
After 30 seconds I get a network error message. But, a smaller file will copy it, but before it is transferred, you have to wait 10 seconds.
If I go through the TNAS application, I can copy a large file.
I had no problem before the update (factory configuration).

Thank you

TNAS F2-210
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

what does your CPU on the F2-210 idle at when its not doing anything? mine sits around 5% and then goes up to around 25% when transfering a 4gb file to and from a network share (over wifi so its only going at 30mb/s) can repeat on a cabled computer if required

when you say large file what are you reffering to? is 4gb large enough

if you have a high idle rate that might suggest your unit is infected with malware that is causing the issues rather than the new version as it may be too busy dealing with the malware task rather than allocating it to your network copy task
F2-210

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

Quadriflax wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 22:30
V8Triker wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 20:39 Just saw the update, and have applied it.

Remember to leave a few minutes before trying to login, otherwise you will loop on the login screen and think there is an issue.

And yes, Plex is still working ;)
I just updated to 4.2.30 and now Plex is "configuring". How long does this take? Usually any updates and I'm back in business straight away, even if I need to restart the service, but at the moment Plex is not accessible and just says "configuring". I only use my NAS for Plex. Do I need to reinstall the app?
did your plex ever come back? I'm having the same problem and I don't know how to fix it.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Knuckles
Please refer to the article for troubleshooting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Quadriflax

Post by Quadriflax »

Knuckles wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 09:35
Quadriflax wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 22:30
V8Triker wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 20:39 Just saw the update, and have applied it.

Remember to leave a few minutes before trying to login, otherwise you will loop on the login screen and think there is an issue.

And yes, Plex is still working ;)
I just updated to 4.2.30 and now Plex is "configuring". How long does this take? Usually any updates and I'm back in business straight away, even if I need to restart the service, but at the moment Plex is not accessible and just says "configuring". I only use my NAS for Plex. Do I need to reinstall the app?
did your plex ever come back? I'm having the same problem and I don't know how to fix it.
I ended up reinstalling the app. I downloaded the latest from Plex (which is newer than what's in the TerraMaster store). I had to rebuild my library and stuff, but it ended up working (though skip intro and other minor things still aren't working). If the steps support provided don't help, you may need to bite the bullet and reinstall.
tbrown25

Post by tbrown25 »

TMSupport wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 10:16
PriestyUK wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 03:17 Emby Server still running but getting this error when loading up on NAS:

Emby is not compatible with TOS 4.2.30 and will be updated as soon as possible.
I see a new version of Emby is now available (4.7.5.0) Does this fix the Emby problem with FW version 4.2.30?
rightLANE

Post by rightLANE »

tbrown25 wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 00:23 I see a new version of Emby is now available (4.7.5.0) Does this fix the Emby problem with FW version 4.2.30?
I've been using the Emby server TPK provided directly by Emby and had no issues with Emby continuing to work after the update. Manually install the TPK provided here:

https://emby.media/terramaster-server.html
F2-221 2x 10TB Exos X14
tbrown25

Post by tbrown25 »

rightLANE wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 07:38
tbrown25 wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 00:23 I see a new version of Emby is now available (4.7.5.0) Does this fix the Emby problem with FW version 4.2.30?
I've been using the Emby server TPK provided directly by Emby and had no issues with Emby continuing to work after the update. Manually install the TPK provided here:

https://emby.media/terramaster-server.html
Thanks much rightLANE. The EMBY app provided by TM (even the new update) would not work with the latest FW, but the package on the EMBY site worked perfectly.

It looks to me like the TM app is using the wrong port.