Terra Master Update 4.2.28 + Virtual Box Big Problem !!!

Install virtual machines on your TNAS;
Ottavio

Re: Terra Master Update 4.2.28 + Virtual Box Big Problem !!!

Post by Ottavio »

gretor wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 18:15 Hello Ottavio,

For my F2-221 the reinstallation works as follows :

1. switch off Terra Master
2. remove the hard drives.
3. switch on Terra Master.
4. after 2 minutes in switched on state insert hard disks.
5. now the Terra Master is in "initialization mode".
6. run the normal new installation, e.g. with TNAS Desktop App, just as you started your Terra Master the first time.

With kind regards

gretor
Thanks greter, I solved the problem.
I managed to reinstall everything, I just feared that it would delete everything, the messages during installation are not clear at least those in Italian (indicates that it will delete all data on the HD, but luckily it does not)
gretor

Post by gretor »

Yes that's right. The installation text is very irritating. :)
TNAS F2-221 - TOS 5
4 GB Ram
2x 4 TB WD Red - Raid 1
elen_uial

Post by elen_uial »

I have the same issue; updating my F2-221 to 4.2.28 and suddenly I cannot longer log into the GUI interface. First I thought that I had configured the firewall real bad, but then I started noticing quirky behaviour; FTP and Plex works as usual, but most importantly, the GUI interface works for about 30 seconds before (I am guessing) the virtualBOX module is loaded and starts playing up.
If you are not using virtualBOX, I would recomend using that time frame to uninstall it. Meanwhile they don't fix this compatibility issue (let's hope they do fix it) you will have to compromise: unsecure 4.2.18 with virtualBox, secure 4.2.28 with no VirtualBox.

Regards and thanks to all users that managed to pinpoint the incompatibility of 4.2.28 and virtualBOX, it was driving me crazy that I couldn't log back to TOS GUI
gretor

Post by gretor »

For me, the time span was not enough to uninstall Virtual Box. I could not avoid reinstalling the system ...

With kind regards

gretor
TNAS F2-221 - TOS 5
4 GB Ram
2x 4 TB WD Red - Raid 1