Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

TOS 4.2.20(ARM) is released for update

Post by TMSupport »

TOS 4.2.20 (ARM) Release Notes

Applicable models: F2-210, f4-210
This update includes the following bug fixes for the previous version:
Fixed the issue that SMB cannot access the default folder of TimeMachine.

Important Notes
1. This update is only for TOS 4.2.01 or later versions. If your TOS is 4.1.27 or an earlier version, please refer to here.
2. Under normal circumstances, the system update will not affect the data in your hard drives, but for your data safety, it is strongly recommended that you back up your data before the update!

How to update your TOS?
Online update:
1. Go to TOS > Control Panel > General settings > Software update;
2. Check the option "Online update", click "Apply";
3. Follow the prompt to finish the update;

Manual update:
1. Download the update package: Update package for ARM models;
2. Go to TOS> Control Panel> General Settings> Update & Restore, and click “Manual Update”;
3. Click "Browse" to select the update package;
4. Click "Apply";

How to re-install your TOS?
1.Download the Installation package: Installation package for ARM models
2. Log in to TOS and go to TOS Desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Backup and Restore, tick "Backup system configuration", and then click "Apply" to back up your system configuration;
3. Go to TOS Desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Restore to Factory Default, tick "Restore to factory default", and then click "Apply"; your system will be erased, but the data on the hard drives will not be deleted;
4. When initializing the installation, please select "Manual Installation" to select the downloaded installation package, and then wait for the installation to complete.
5. After the system installation is complete, log in to TOS and go to TOS desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Backup and Restore to restore the system configuration you backed up.

Issue report
If you encounter issues during use, please report to TerraMaster's official forum “TOS update”.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: TOS 4.2.20(ARM) is released for update!

Post by sianderson »

there goes my 71 day boot time record

upgraded from within the control panel no problems so far (services that were disabled are still disabled following the upgrade)

took around 6 minutes, much less than the suggested 20 minutes

i do have to ask does the DLNA media server have to wipe its database and rescan every time though? could it not remember as following the boot its now chugging away rebuilding its database (its not a problem but now consuming a lot of processing power to do this when in reality nothing has changed)
F2-210

macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMSupport wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 18:22 Important Notes
Is TOS Patch 1.18 necessary on top of this update, or not?
Thanks to clarify & update TOS patches relevance statement according to each newer releases.
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

macmpi wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 18:17
TMSupport wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 18:22 Important Notes
Is TOS Patch 1.18 necessary on top of this update, or not?
Thanks to clarify & update TOS patches relevance statement according to each newer releases.
There is no need to do.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

sianderson wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 17:42 there goes my 71 day boot time record

upgraded from within the control panel no problems so far (services that were disabled are still disabled following the upgrade)

took around 6 minutes, much less than the suggested 20 minutes

i do have to ask does the DLNA media server have to wipe its database and rescan every time though? could it not remember as following the boot its now chugging away rebuilding its database (its not a problem but now consuming a lot of processing power to do this when in reality nothing has changed)
Thanks for your feedback, we will verify this issue.
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMRyan wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 18:30There is no need to do.
Thanks.
Then you may update the release note accordingly, stating TOS Patch 1.18 is included, and update TOS Patch description mentioning max release number.
Being clearer & up-to-date within release notes dramatically help system maintenance.
Thanks for consideration.
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

macmpi wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 18:39
TMRyan wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 18:30There is no need to do.
Thanks.
Then you may update the release note accordingly, stating TOS Patch 1.18 is included, and update TOS Patch description mentioning max release number.
Being clearer & up-to-date within release notes dramatically help system maintenance.
Thanks for consideration.
Thank you for your suggestion, we will write in the future that the new system already contains the contents of the patch package before the release.
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

TerraMaster,

Can you please sign, hash, and post the hash/keys here alongside these manual downloads?

This is critical, especially given the recent malware attacks.

We need to be able to verify what were are getting.
Student

Post by Student »

Previously, I contacted technical support many times about the problem of a memory leak in the "msgcenter" process. I reinstalled TOS today, to version TOS 4.2.20, unfortunately, I did not get what I expected from this update (technical support promised to fix it in the next update, that is ) there is still a RAM leak, through the "msgcenter" process for 8 hours of work, the growth was from 0.3% to 1.1% (as in previous firmware ~ 2% per day)
I don't understand, it's just me having a problem with "msgcenter" other F4-210 don't have? Or you don’t pay attention to it, because in a month of continuous work 90% of the RAM will be gobbled up.
When will the problem with "msgcenter" be solved?
onemeshnig

Post by onemeshnig »

Hello. After updating all my installed applications died, like from official store and third party applications
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2022-01-14 231104.png