TOS 4.2.20(ARM) is released for update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
giraf

Re: TOS 4.2.20(ARM) is released for update!

Post by giraf »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport

Once new users are created, they do not have access to nas. Users who were before the update can access the NAS.

F2-210
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

{L_BUTTON_AT}onemeshnig
Hi! please check if your network is normal.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

{L_BUTTON_AT}giraf

Hi! Do you have any tips when you can't access the nas? If possible, please attach a screenshot. Also, you can try it with a simple password at creation to see if it works.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
giraf

Post by giraf »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMnorah

Yesterday I created a new user. But the NAS wouldn't let it into the system. Removed. Today, when trying to create it again, an error occurs (see screenshot). I repeat, new users are created after the update, but do not have access to the NAS. Updated via NAS interface.
Attachments
2022-01-15 134811.jpg
2022-01-15 134811.jpg (11.19 KiB) Viewed 4024 times
giraf

Post by giraf »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMnorah

The system report has generated, but Gmail won't let the file through for security reasons.
giraf

Post by giraf »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMnorah

Reinstalled the system completely.
First with restoring settings from a backup, and then without restoring. The result is always the same.

Initially created users received all the same rights as before and restored access to the device.

I can't understand the logic behind allowed usernames.
For example: users with logins "backup", "mobile", "id1" are created. The complexity of the password corresponds to the declared - 8 characters. But the NAS won't let them connect.

Where can I read about the logic of the device when working with user data? Does Nas keep track of the same passwords for different users and then block them? Passwords should never be repeated? I just tried everything in a day.

After the update, only the personal folders of users are visible in the file manager, and the data folders are not displayed. You can see them in the Shared Folders section, but you won't be able to work with files there. How to deal with it?
onemeshnig

Post by onemeshnig »

{L_BUTTON_AT}onemeshnig
TMnorah wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 10:50 Hi! please check if your network is normal.
My network is normal, my INSTALLED applications is gone after updating, not a application market - INSTALLED apllications. Portaner - gone, docker - gone. When I try reinstall applications from market - then dont install and menu "Installed" still blank. I made screenshots in english for your understanding. Thank you.
Безымянный 1.jpg
Безымянный 2.jpg
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Restart your TNAS and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
onemeshnig

Post by onemeshnig »

I tryed restart and shotdown - nothing happened. I try deinstall all applications and install it again - nothing, they dont showing like installed and dont work :cry:
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

onemeshnig wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 02:10 I tryed restart and shotdown - nothing happened. I try deinstall all applications and install it again - nothing, they dont showing like installed and dont work :cry:
on the right hand side of your control panel you should have a panel that lists your status of the nas drive, can you screenshot that? is one of the things called Internet and does it show that its connected and it has an IP address

without the nas drive detecting you have an internet connection you wont be able to see the app store etc
F2-210