SquarePeg
Wales

Re: TOS 5 Insider Preview-Second Round

Post by SquarePeg »

I forgot to ask, does it support BTRFS?
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

Sorry but BTRFS is Bullshit. No failure tolerance.

Madk a RAID 5 an you will be happy
SquarePeg
Wales

Post by SquarePeg »

I use BTRFS on everything and love it.
Penegal

Post by Penegal »

I'll be waiting for a Stable Version of TOS-5 with the PLEX Media Server.
I have far too many Movies and TV Shows to take a risk of losing.

Though I would love to know when a version of TOS-5 is available with PLEX, I'll install it on a spare machine.

PLEX Media Server
1x AC Infinity CLOUDPLATE T2, (Top Exhaust)
2x AC Infinity CLOUDPLATE T7-N, 2U (In) n (Out)
TP-Link TL-SG1016PE JetStream 16-Port Switch
F5-221
F5-442
2x AC Infinity CLOUDPLATE T9 3U, (In) n (Out)

I Want To Believe
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

SquarePeg wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 01:50 I use BTRFS on everything and love it.
thats interesting, BTRFS seemed to the cause of a number of issues with the F2-210 which is why it was taken out, since i moved to EXT4 the issues went away
F2-210

titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

sianderson wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 23:23
SquarePeg wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 01:50 I use BTRFS on everything and love it.
thats interesting, BTRFS seemed to the cause of a number of issues with the F2-210 which is why it was taken out, since i moved to EXT4 the issues went away
I am on f2-221 and I'm convinced that the first time my system bricked was due to btrfs. Rebuilt using the same drives with ext4 and no problems since.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

TNAS mobile for Android version 2.4.16 fails to log in to TOS version 5.0.36-00039 with the message: "Your TOS version is too low. Please update to the latest version."

This looks as if it might be a very trivial bug in the mobile app. Any chance that this could quickly be fixed?

--
Chris
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

{L_BUTTON_AT}SquarePeg

and you will have only 1 disk failure and everything is gone...
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead

TOS 5 only works with new version of TNAS mobile app, this new app is coming soon. please just wait.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Thanks, @TMroy, for the confirmation about TNAS mobile for Android.

Is this forum the best place to report bugs and general feedback?

I'm currently struggling with Internet-shared files on TOS 5.0 beta. With TOS 4, the easiest way to derive a WAN address for a shared file was to use TNAS mobile, as the version for TOS's WebUI only created the LAN version the address, which then had to be manually edited. Hence my question about TNAS mobile for Android and TOS 5.0 beta.

The method of deriving a WAN address for a shared file with TOS 5.0 beta seems to have changed. But I can't get it to work at all:

EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR: Log in to the TOS WebUI via a browser. Use File Manager to find the file to share. Pick Share from the context menu for that file. Leave all empty fields blank to apply defaults. Hit the Apply button to show a WAN URL that can be copied and sent to the elected recipient.

ACTUAL BEHAVIOUR: Hitting the Apply button does nothing. However, a new division—Share—appears in the left hand column of the File Manager. Under this you find the newly-created shared file listed and the context menu provided the options to Cancel the share, Copy the LAN address of the share or Copy the WAN address of the share. On on one occasion I did manage to copy a WAN URL but this didn't appear to point to the share. Subsequently the copy procedure has failed to copy any URL.

Repeat the procedure filling in all the fields. Again, hitting the Apply button shows nothing and although the new share appears in the Share division the results are the same as above.

I've spent about two hours investigating this. A full report will need to include details of the browser, operating system and so forth, but before proceeding further I'd obviously like to have some feedback from TerraMaster about whether this feature is considered to be fully implemented.

However, some notes:

The date selection mechanism should not be confined to Chinese but should default to the system language.

Unfilled fields should default: Title (to name of file), Expiration (none), Password (none), Number of accesses allowed (any). They may behave like this already, but this isn't clear. The Time created field shouldn't be there at all—the timestamp should be applied automatically.

TOS Help for the File Manager in TOS 5.0 beta still refers to the requirement for Adobe Flash: "If you want to use a full-featured File Manager, you will need the latest web browser, Java, and Flash Player."

It's my understanding that TOS 5.0 is longer be dependent on Adobe Flash, a now obsolete and deprecated technology. As this TOS help appears to apply only to the earlier version of TOS the question arises about what the "latest web browser" refers to. Versions of Chrome (the most widely used browser) later than version 45 no longer support the Java plugin. Is the TOS WebUI expecting to use Java?

--
Chris