TOS 5 Insider Preview-Second Round

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 5 Insider Preview-Second Round

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead
Thank you for your report! they will be added to the bug list that needs to be verified. BY THE WAY! When you participated in the TOS 5 preview program, you should have been told the correct way to report bugs. Here is not the correct place to report bugs of early-stage version, preview version, or beta version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

TMroy wrote: 20 Feb 2022, 22:49 [at=bidmead post_id=16545 time=1645354228 user_id=2976][/at]
Thank you for your report! they will be added to the bug list that needs to be verified.

BY THE WAY!
When you participated in the TOS 5 preview program, you should have been told the correct way to report bugs. Here is not the correct place to report bugs of early-stage version, preview version, or beta version.
Interesting as here is a copy of an email I received from the TM marketing dept, seems you guys need to communicate :roll:

"Dear TNAS User,

How is your TOS 5 experience going? 

You are welcome to post some using experience and feedback about TOS 5 system on social media or forums. For those known bug, just leave it to us to deal with.

If you post it, could you provide us with a reveiw link , thank you"
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sorry, we will talk to the marketing team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SquarePeg
Wales

Post by SquarePeg »

titanrx8 wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 04:50
sianderson wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 23:23
SquarePeg wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 01:50 I use BTRFS on everything and love it.
thats interesting, BTRFS seemed to the cause of a number of issues with the F2-210 which is why it was taken out, since i moved to EXT4 the issues went away
I am on f2-221 and I'm convinced that the first time my system bricked was due to btrfs. Rebuilt using the same drives with ext4 and no problems since.
Nope, it was because the Kernel version that was used in the previous TOS wasn't properly compatible with BTRFS.

BTRFS is the natural successor to EXT4 and I have been using it for many years without any issue at all on my desktop machine and various internal and extrernal Hard Drives, SSDs and NVME drives.

https://www.synology.com/en-uk/dsm/Btrfs
SquarePeg
Wales

Post by SquarePeg »

{L_BUTTON_AT}SquarePeg
Hardfecx wrote: 19 Feb 2022, 19:29 and you will have only 1 disk failure and everything is gone...
Look, I didn't ask for your opinion on BTRFS, I have been using it with no issue for many years on other machines. In my opinion, it is brilliant and I am going to stay with it. I simply asked if BTRFS is going to be supported on the new version of TOS. That's all.
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

May I ask what version of the system is installed?
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

{L_BUTTON_AT}SquarePeg

But you need a Nas for Backup, but with BTRFS you have no security, as I already said, on disk is corrupted, all your data are gonse, like a Raid 0. Rais 5 ist the best alternative: you get up to 80% of your diskspace and when 1 disk fails, you get all your data back.... But you surelery know better about Raids an security as I (I am Just an IT Technician with certification in networt, security, ITIL v3 and cisco, but it is your choice when your don't accept some help about that all... One one day one of your HD's get a failure your will will think about me. Good luck!
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Tricky

The problem is that this "Insider Preview" isn't a beta test.

Reporting bugs is rewarding but time-consuming: the submitter has to ensure the problem isn't user-error, isn't just local, is reproducible and will have to describe steps to reproduce and define what expectation isn't being met. Screenshots and a full environmental description might also be expected.

Assembling all this takes time and effort. And the work is only meaningful within the context of a reporting format that allows participants to determine whether their bug has been reported previously and is open or closed. This "Insider Preview" provides no such context; there is only the one-way street of emails to Terramaster.

For example, I'm finding currently that I'm unable to upload anything to the Terra Photos app. This may be something I'm missing or it may be a known bug. But how do I know if it's a known bug if there's no central database of TOS 5.0 bugs that I can access? It's not worth my time to put in the work to define and report this problem because it may well already be known.

I'm having to settle with the idea that this "Insider Preview" is just that. A chance to watch developments as a passive spectator. The updates so far have been very encouraging. But it's frustrating not being able to contribute.

--
Chris
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

@bidmead

Terra Photos app?

Is this on TOS 5 only?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead

Which TOS version is installed currently?
Please go to the app center to check if Terra Photos is enabled?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)