TOS 5 Insider Preview

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 5 Insider Preview

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your report, we are collecting all the issues and correcting them step by step in future new releases.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
psikic

Post by psikic »

I was originally accepted into the beta but my device failed while I was waiting on the beta release and I need to run the replacement for a few weeks to make sure I'm good before I'd even try the beta. However, now that I see the beta doesn't support Plex, I'm out. As soon as the beta supports Plex, I'll consider it.
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

You can use Plex in Docker. That's the way I do it on multiple Nas and it makes you independent from any updates.
eulero

Post by eulero »

{L_BUTTON_AT}"Jac
It could be a solution ... but I'm not able to run any container in Docker on TOS5, you managed?
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

Sorry, I'm not on TOS 5. Didn't know that Docker doesn't work (properly)?
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

you all have the chance to try TOS5 an don't use it? I Have an ARM Nas and I have to wait... shame on you!
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

Hardfecx wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 04:40 you all have the chance to try TOS5 an don't use it? I Have an ARM Nas and I have to wait... shame on you!
I have a Synology NAS now and only maintain an arm NAS for my parents and a x86 NAS for a friend of me who has it in a company, so no, I don't. Don't throw stones at us for not participating in a beta test when we either are not able to or cannot afford a possible stoppage.
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

Hardfecx wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 04:40 you all have the chance to try TOS5 an don't use it? I Have an ARM Nas and I have to wait... shame on you!
What a crock.

Mine is primarily used as a file server, and for a Plex instance. TOS5 would have no relevance to these functions, well other than Plex is not available on TOS5, yet,
The one thing I hope is fixed is the issue of "not" copying .dot files. But that is hardly worth me killing my Plex instance to test.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out the window.

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
3X WD RED PLUS 3TB (RAID5)
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

V8Triker wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 16:33
What a crock.
Just f**** yourself....

How should the most of bugs fixed when nooene test it to report what is working and what not??
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Put your handbags away lads, the testing is always going to be long-winded as everyone's usage is limited to what suites them, so nobody is going to go through the whole range of what TOS5 can and cannot do, and save the sour grapes for TM.