TOS 5 Insider Preview

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Jac de Lad

Re: TOS 5 Insider Preview

Post by Jac de Lad »

Hardfecx wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 22:09
V8Triker wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 16:33
Hardfecx wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 04:40 you all have the chance to try TOS5 an don't use it? I Have an ARM Nas and I have to wait... shame on you!
What a crock.
Just f**** yourself....

How should the most of bugs fixed when nooene test it to report what is working and what not??
Here we go...

I hope you're aware that this is a voluntary program and we're not responsible for beta testing. Just because we can participate doesn't mean we should or have to. Terramaster itself is responsible for its software and has beta testers themselves. So please calm down, walk a mile, and stay civilized.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

[at="Jac de Lad" post_id=15375 time=1640541313 user_id=2081][/at]

it's not the problem what i say but how you understand it ;)
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

Hardfecx wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 02:23 [at="Jac de Lad" post_id=15375 time=1640541313 user_id=2081][/at]

it's not the problem what i say but how you understand it ;)
"F**k yourself" is definitely not appropriate...
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

OK posting here as I was in the first round, got the new update through today and Just tried to install the new version just the same as the last version, but I get to manually load the update, but it won't!
Also, the update downloads as a zip file rather than a TOS package with the TM logo so is this the problem?

Going to go back to the last version for now, also noticed that I couldn't back up the system config on the last version.

OK just checked and the file type is different from the original the first was an INS file and this is a BZ2 file the older INS obviously loads fine but not the BZ2?
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

OK it would help if you guys used the correct instructions for this in your email, you actually sent instructions to download the file and do a system wipe and install the same as the original TOS5, but this is actually an update which is installed to the original TOS5 system, that way we wouldn't be wasting time trying to reinstall the system and find it won't work! :roll:
eulero

Post by eulero »

Tricky wrote: 08 Jan 2022, 00:17 OK it would help if you guys used the correct instructions for this in your email, you actually sent instructions to download the file and do a system wipe and install the same as the original TOS5, but this is actually an update which is installed to the original TOS5 system, that way we wouldn't be wasting time trying to reinstall the system and find it won't work! :roll:
I agree .....
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Further to my last post about the wrong instructions being supplied with the recent update, i have now observed that on adding a new HDD that it's now stuck on 100% creating a new storage pool.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

After four attempts, I have now managed to create a new storage pool, but have no idea what could be preventing this and making it so difficult.
eulero

Post by eulero »

Ciao Guys,
probably I'm wrong ..... do you manage in accessing NFS TOS share from others pc in your local network?
I'm able to mount but not to access the shared content .....
Thanks for the feedback
freman

Post by freman »

So, I've managed to break the beta apps, like most of them and can't get them to install through the web UI, anyone know where on the FS the logs might be that would indicate why? or perhaps what command line tool is used to install a tpk?