TOS 4.2.16 is released for update!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

TOS 4.2.16 is released for update!

Post by TMSupport »

TOS 4.2.16 (ARM) Release Notes

Applicable models: F2-210, F4-210.

This update includes following bug fixes for the previous version, new features and optimized user interface:
1. Optimized hard disk IO parameters to improve read and write speed.
2. Fixed the issue that affected configuration file of Plex when the SSD cache was turned on or off.
3. Fixed the issue that the progress of hard drive bad block scan has been stay at 99%.

TOS 4.2.16 (X86) Release Notes

Applicable models: F2-220, F2-221, F2-420, F2-421, F2-422, F4-220, F4-221, F4-420, F4-421, F4-422, F5-220, F5-221, F5-225, F5-420, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422

This update includes following bug fixes for the previous version, new features and optimized user interface:
1. Optimized hard disk IO parameters to improve read and write speed.
2. Fixed the issue that affected configuration file of Plex when the SSD cache was turned on or off.
3. Fixed the issue that the progress of hard drive bad block scan has been stay at 99%.

Important Notes
1. This update is only for TOS 4.2.01 or later versions. If your TOS is 4.1.27 or an earlier version, please refer to here.
2. Under normal circumstances, the system update will not affect the data in your hard drives, but for your data safety, it is strongly recommended that you back up your data before the update!

How to update your TOS?
1. Download the update package: Update package for X86 models; Update package for ARM models;
2. Go to TOS> Control Panel> General Settings> Update & Restore, and click “Manual Update”;
3. Click "Browse" to select the update package;
4. Click "Apply";

How to re-install your TOS?
1.Download the Installation package: Installation package for X86 models; Installation package for ARM models;
2. Log in to TOS and go to TOS Desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Backup and Restore, tick "Backup system configuration", and then click "Apply" to back up your system configuration;
3. Go to TOS Desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Restore to Factory Default, tick "Restore to factory default", and then click "Apply"; your system will be erased, but the data on the hard drives will not be deleted;
4. When initializing the installation, please select "Manual Installation" to select the downloaded installation package, and then wait for the installation to complete.
5. After the system installation is complete, log in to TOS and go to TOS desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Backup and Restore to restore the system configuration you backed up.

Issue report:
If you encounter issue during using, please report to TerraMaster official forum “TOS update”.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
deejc

Re: TOS 4.2.16 is released for update!

Post by deejc »

Upgrade from .15 to .16 using your link that you posted for x86 https://download2.terra-master.com/TOS_ ... 230951.bz2 following instructions as I have done previously, power light yes, lan light on front yes, rear network light green is on steady and orange flashing, hdd lights not on
F2-220 WITH 2 x WD RED 2TB RUNNING 4.2.17
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

well there goes my 71 consecutive days of my nas drive running :)

F2-210 updated to 4.2.16 without any problems, and counter now starts again until the next release :)

it took around 5 minutes for the nas drive to give me back the log in page after clicking the update

its just a shame the DLNA Media server database gets wiped and reset up upon rebooting, but it does just rebuild it automatically
F2-210

deejc

Post by deejc »

removed and restored power and its come back online (eventually)

as usual,
  • SSH was disabled (was enabled before),
  • UPS was set to 7 secs shutdown (was set to low battery before),
  • AFP is on but the 2 available options are off (were on before),
  • NFS enabled (was not enabled before),
  • Region and Language > time > still shows IST not GMT as set, Also Desktop shows IST not GMT
  • IPV6 set to "Auto", was "Close" before, this means the NAS was showing an IPV6 address in the GUI when showing where to connect to the files services, when trying to set it to "Close" the GUI stopped responding with "Configuring" and the wheel spinning as shown below, refresh browser / logout / login seems to make it accessible again
Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 17.56.32.png
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

deejc wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 01:07
  • Region and Language > time > still shows IST not GMT as set, Also Desktop shows IST not GMT
out of interest where are you based? in the UK we are still on BST (google also suggests IST can be used to denote Ireland Summer Time) which is GMT+1, rather than Indian Summer Time as that would mean it was GMT + 5.30

therefore the time zone is currently correct for me although would have been better to have BST not IST, my desktop shows the correct time and IST, being GMT would be incorrect as that would be an hour wrong, until the end of the month
F2-210

deejc

Post by deejc »

Oh I’m in the UK I thought IST was Indian
My time zone is set to GMT
0C821E63-A6B5-4842-9984-1E624B4A2FCF.png
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

mines set the same, but it is also set to sync with uk.pool.ntp.org every 12 hours just below
so that may well be overriding the GMT setting or it knows its GMT and currently we are GMT +1 so just a display issue thats confusing things
F2-210

sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

i do need to report an annoyance though

this is my installed list of apps
CaptureInstalled.PNG
this is my all list of apps
Captureall.PNG
do i really have to scroll through ALL the apps to work out which ones need updating or not? surely the installed list should tell me if any of my installed apps need updating
F2-210

deejc

Post by deejc »

sianderson wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 02:17 mines set the same, but it is also set to sync with uk.pool.ntp.org every 12 hours just below
so that may well be overriding the GMT setting or it knows its GMT and currently we are GMT +1 so just a display issue thats confusing things
Mine is the same syncing with uk pool it’s not a real problem but I thought I should mention it whilst I was mentioning the rest of the things I found after it stopped responding at the upgrade time
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

after Update, my JDownloader doesn't run anymore on my F4-210. It starts but I can't reach the webinterface saying "No connected JDownloader found"