TOS 4.2.16 is released for update!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
outkastm

Re: TOS 4.2.16 is released for update!

Post by outkastm »

LSDWho wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 02:54 Have upgraded my F5-221 to 4.2.16 but it has caused me a few issues:

SMB was disabled - no biggie initially as easily re-enabled it.

Plex is killed - service just enters a "stop" state as soon as you try to start it. This has happened a few times in the past and I've had to wipe the data folder (/home/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server) and start from scratch. It's a pain in the bum but it works. However, I can't do this now due to my third issue....

I can't SSH to the box. Firstly, like SMB, the update turned this off. I've re-enabled it but now every time I try to connect I can't log in as root (ssh root@192.168.1.160 -p 9222). I'm prompted for the password, which as always I put in the same password as the admin account. But it won't accept it and just repeatedly prompts for the password.

Any ideas on what may be causing this any any possible fixes?

Cheers
On FW >4.2.11 the ssh root access has been disabled, you have to connect with the administrator account and change to root using

Code: Select all

su root
Or you can install the 3rd party app OkmSSHD to get root access directly
LSDWho

Post by LSDWho »

outkastm wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 06:14
On FW >4.2.11 the ssh root access has been disabled, you have to connect with the administrator account and change to root using

Code: Select all

su root
Or you can install the 3rd party app OkmSSHD to get root access directly
Fantastic - that worked!

Thank you!
williamsofbowie

Post by williamsofbowie »

I'm having similar errors as shown:
Model: F2-210 running ver. 4.2.08-2101111540
TOS errors.jpg
All applications and tools/settings displays/GUI appear to be blank when opening from TOS home screen.

I can access most of the containing files from the file manager on a Windows 10 PC.

Appreciate any assistance that can be provided
williamsofbowie

Post by williamsofbowie »

I think a found a fix. I have no idea why it worked but here are the steps I used.

Powered down the TNAS.
Removed the 2nd drive.
Powered up the TNAS. (Allowed several minutes to spin up)
Verified the ip was unchanged via the TNAS PC app.
Selected the device and clicked the "logon" option with the TOS credentials.
TNAS error beeps warning that the 2nd drive is not present.
Within TOS the health panel will pop up alerting on a unavailable/disconnected drive.
Shutdown the TNAS gracefully (from the Admin pulldown within TOS or via the device power button).
Wait a few minutes to ensure device is powered down (all led's are off)
Re-insert the 2nd Hard Drive.
Power on the TNAS
Log back into the TNAS web portal logging in with the credentials.
The 2nd drive is now recognized in the pop up status panel on the right side of the window and the TNAS starts to resync the drives.
All indications are that once the drives are resynchronized, all of the TOS applications are now available and operational.

*** Time to Back everything up ***