URGENT 4.2.14 - AGAIN PROBLEMS WITH PLEX

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
Euclide

Re: URGENT 4.2.14 - AGAIN PROBLEMS WITH PLEX

Post by Euclide »

I have read his posts on the Plex community about the issue described and it looks like he is right and the problem isn't on Plex side ....
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Euclide
I know you are @eulero, you just changed a different account. Warning! if you keep lying and misleading others, we have to take action base on the forum rules. I would like to tell all communities, in the past three years, there are a total of over 100Kpcs TNAS sold globally, Thousands of users running plex media server on their TNAS devices. I regret to learn that there are a few users whose plex is abnormal in use. After receiving issues with the report, we did a lot of tests to verify whether TOS or TOS update would cause abnormalities in the plex. During our testing, We updated TOS 4.1.21 to 4.1.29, then from 4.1.29 to 4.2.08, and then to 4.2.14 and 4.2.15. until now, no plex abnormality was found in the above tests. Users with a certain technical knowledge should know that if TOS causes plex operation abnormality, then this abnormality should occur to most users, not just a small number of users. Since the plex software is specially produced by the plex team for TNAS, I believe that the plex team must have run their software on TNAS and the app has been tested and verified. Like many other cases reported on the plex forum, it still cannot be ruled out that under certain conditions of use, the plex media server will be failed to load or crash during operation. All of you should report the failure to the plex team so that they can look into the issue deeply. At least so far, the TerraMaster team has put in a lot of effort to troubleshoot the problem, much more than plex did, I think. Those who recklessly draw conclusions and blame Terramaster are extremely irresponsible.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Euclide

Post by Euclide »

@TMroy

Ciao,
joining with a new account was the solution after your ban.
Let's try togheter to be more clear:
1) "my" Plex issue arose after the upgrade of TOS to 4.2.14 release, not after a Plex upgrade;
2) it looks like I'm not the only one in trouble with TOS upgrade and Plex (this is not my stand point but it is clear looking at the Terramaster forum and Plex forum);
3) the solution was editing the etc/resolv.conf file cleaning the file from all the entries and leaving only two nameserver lines with the google DNS
4) my only mistake was not to share with all the forum members my solution as suggested by MissionAborted, this is true, but honestly after one month I was a little bit angry ...

Now that is clear I'm not a liar, can you remove the ban or I have to be "punished" for finding the solution by myself and, potentially, for other forum members?

Thanks and regards.

Eulero
deejc

Post by deejc »

This is what aCommunity is all about, sharing knowledge .
Sometimes we cannot rely on the manufacturer as there are so many moving parts that it’s impossible for them to cover every single eventuality and this is where the community comes into force, we fill in the gaps and find answers and help each other out, I’m glad you found the solution and have provided it to the community as it may just help someone else that was in a position like you and needs help
Maybe you edited your resolv.conf previously or maybe you added different DNS servers at some point or maybe TOS adds a set of default dns servers regardless of what’s there already so all of this info helps everyone to make our lives a bit easier
BTW I’m glad it’s all sorted now
F2-220 WITH 2 x WD RED 2TB RUNNING 4.2.17
Euclide

Post by Euclide »

{L_BUTTON_AT}deejc

Thank you deejc,
here below some additional informations, if can be further useful for the members:
1) I've never edited the resolv.conf file before;
2) I installed in the past the DNS server beta version, the one in the TOS applications menu, but uninstalled after some days;
3) The issue for me arose as soon as I installed the 4.2.14 TOS update.

Regards
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Euclide

I am not sure whether your solution can be applied to the plex failure of other members. But I appreciate your frankness. Your account @eulero is un-ban now. please try it later and your new account will be inactivated within this week.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Euclide
My guess is that after you configure your DNS server, some domain names resolution fails. A simple solution is to edit your gateway, your previous configuration could be overwritten. But it seems that the problem you are experiencing is not the same as that encountered by other users.
Euclide

Post by Euclide »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

Ciao TMroy,
I'will try to reproduce the anomaly.
If I managed I'll let you know.
Ciao
E.
MissionAborted

Post by MissionAborted »

I finally got a temporary / less than ideal solution to restoring plex... After a storm hit today and I lost power again, I was able to get Plex up and running "relatively" quickly by deleting Plex from TOS, Deleting my server from the devices list in Plex (Web) and re-installling. Plex is now scanning files to re-add.

Now a new issue... I saved the preferences.xml file before deleting and re-installing Plex, so I would like to replace my preferences. Every time I try to cut / copy and paste the preferences.xml file, however, it fails. I can cut/copy/paste to many folders, but TOS will not allow me to cut/copy and paste to User/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server.

Any suggestions?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MissionAborted

Hi! You need to modify the permissions of the folder, give the user the read and write permissions of the folder. Right-click to select properties, and then modify the permissions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)