URGENT 4.2.14 - AGAIN PROBLEMS WITH PLEX

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
Jac de Lad

Re: URGENT 4.2.14 - AGAIN PROBLEMS WITH PLEX

Post by Jac de Lad »

Do a restart between uninstalling and reinstalling and wait half an hour between restart and reinstalling. Worked for me, otherwise it often stays stuck at 50%.
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

I've switched to running Plex through Docker and could not be happier. There are some slight limitations such as lack of hardware transcoding, but being in full control of my database, updates, etc. is peace of mind and a tradeoff I'm willing to make. I had to recreate Plex and start over so many times due to update issues with the native Plex app and I would not go back now. Maybe it's a placebo effect, but the Plex interface and response time also seem to be much quicker in Docker.
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

Actually, I think I have hardware transcoding working now...did some research and found that if you include the command '--device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri' in your docker command that transcoding will work. I haven't tested extensively, but a quick test shows it's working properly.
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

Ignore my previous post in this thread and instead follow the guide here for hardware accelerated transcoding with Plex running in a Docker container: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2236
MissionAborted

Post by MissionAborted »

sports_wook wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 21:22 Ignore my previous post in this thread and instead follow the guide here for hardware accelerated transcoding with Plex running in a Docker container: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2236
I know this is an older post, but I am having lots of the same issues and have gotten the same "passing the buck" answers from TM. I'm tired of constant issues with every Plex update.

Wondering if you can guide me through setting up Plex through Docker... I'm a complete idiot, so any help would be amazing!

Thank you
eulero

Post by eulero »

I managed to solve my problem .... NOT THANKS TO TERRAMASTER TECHNICIAN .....
Feel free to contact me in private to share with all of you the solution.
Regards
deejc

Post by deejc »

Good news but It would probably help more people if you just posted it here, some people will not feel comfortable contacting members directly, most people visit forums looking for help directly out of that forum without having to contact someone or even post for help.
F2-220 WITH 2 x WD RED 2TB RUNNING 4.2.17
eulero

Post by eulero »

I beg your pardon, but i prefer to be contacted in pvt.
No help from Terramaster Technician, I don't want to provide them the solution.....
deejc

Post by deejc »

You won’t be providing them a solution you’ll be providing the community a solution. But hey it’s up to you I’m not really bothered if you want to be like that as it was a suggestion, best of luck with it :lol:
F2-220 WITH 2 x WD RED 2TB RUNNING 4.2.17
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

He is lying and misleading the community. This behavior has violated the rules of the forum.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)