URGENT 4.2.14 - AGAIN PROBLEMS WITH PLEX

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
eulero

URGENT 4.2.14 - AGAIN PROBLEMS WITH PLEX

Post by eulero »

In attachment the screenshot of my PLEX after the last update.
It is possible that each update my PLEX go down?????
Now please GIVE ME THE SOLUTION TO HAVE AGAIN MY PLEX ONLINE! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:
E.
Attachments
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (18.43 KiB) Viewed 8772 times
eulero

Re: URGENT 4.2.14 - AGAIN PROBLEMS WITH PLEX

Post by eulero »

18/07 - 19.38 --> Email sent.
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (21.51 KiB) Viewed 8722 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Since Plex is a third party application, it's suggested to contact Plex for solution for such issues.
Or please reset Plex and add your libraries from scratch.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

TMSupport wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 13:58 Since Plex is a third party application, it's suggested to contact Plex for solution for such issues.
Or please reset Plex and add your libraries from scratch.
sounds like passing the buck here, surely its not a plex issue when the only thing that changed was a TM update?

plex did not suddenly just stop working of its own accord, it must be the TM update that deleted files or something on the NAS drive to prevent it from running?
F2-210

Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

I had this problem after some updates. Found various things that helped:

- rebuild the database from scratch, I know you don't want to
- wait for a long time, stop and restart the Plex app on the cloud, wait longer. This sometimes helped
- uninstall the the plex app on the cloud, restart the cloud and wait for at least 15 minutes. Reinstall Plex. All data was preserved and it worked again, but I absolutely don't give any guarantee that this will work for you too!!!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sianderson
If I tell you that the change of the recent updates does not involve plex at all, there are more users with the plex working fine after the update, what are your thoughts?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
kenny31

Post by kenny31 »

I found that if you failed to update plex before updating to 4.2.14 that plex would loose everything and needs to be rebuilt and yes I was able to test this theory as I have 2 identical terramaster nas drives and updated plex before installing the update and had no problems with plex on second device. So best to update everything if available before installing any TOS update.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

kenny31 wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 04:44 I found that if you failed to update plex before updating to 4.2.14 that plex would loose everything and needs to be rebuilt and yes I was able to test this theory as I have 2 identical terramaster nas drives and updated plex before installing the update and had no problems with plex on second device. So best to update everything if available before installing any TOS update.
only issue with this is TM's version of plex is usually quite a few versions behind the latest plex version
also the reason why i no longer use plex and use the DLNA server is because everytime i applied a TM update it broke plex, its simple the TM updates break plex, plex doesnt just break by itself which is why i blame the TM update for causing the problem that plex cant recover from, but the ultimate reason why it breaks is because of the TM update
F2-210

scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

if you raise this with plex they will first of all say update to the latest version... which we can't and I have raised this already with both Terramaster and Plex...
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Agreed! I usually get problems with every TM Plex update....this time I had to uninstall as it would stick on 50% updating its getting a real pain, much like a lot of the TM software!
Can the latest Plex app be installed from scratch and avoid all this?