Issue with SFTP privileges/access

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
sports_wook

Issue with SFTP privileges/access

Post by sports_wook »

Currently running 4.2.13 on my F2-220 and for the past few updates (ever since 4.2.09 I believe) I am unable to access the user directory over SFTP or SSHFS. I've tried both ports (SSH port & SFTP specific port in Control Panel) and can only access appdata and public folders. SSH and SFTP are both enabled in the Control Panel.

It seems this started once SFTP was added as a 'feature'. It worked fine for me on 4.2.09 and below as I could properly access the user directory over SSHFS. On 4.2.09 and below, there was no option for SFTP in the control panel. But ever since SFTP was added, the ability to view/access the user directory has not worked.

Surely this isn't intentional as my main usage for SFTP/SSHFS is to access the files in my user directory, not the shared folders.

Is support aware of this? Just wanted to make sure since it's been this way for a few of the recent updates. Hoping for a fix on this ASAP so please let me know if more info is needed.
sports_wook

Re: Issue with SFTP privileges/access

Post by sports_wook »

Forgot to mention that it works fine over FTP. The issue only occurs with SFTP.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Is the user home directory enabled already?
WeChat Image_20210615151215.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sports_wook
We already knew where is the issue, we will fix it soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

TMSupport wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 15:08 Is the user home directory enabled already?
WeChat Image_20210615151215.png
Yes user home directory is enabled. Works fine over FTP, just not SFTP.
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sports_wook
TMroy wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 23:52 We already knew where is the issue, we will fix it soon.
Any update on when this fix is coming? Proper SFTP access to the user directory is critical for my setup.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

we will fix it shortly.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)