TOS 4.2.10(x86) beta is released for testing

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
tracyw

Re: TOS 4.2.10(x86) beta is released for testing

Post by tracyw »

I also ran into the issue where Plex wouldn't start, but after uninstalling/reinstalling Plex, everything seems to be running ok with it now. Any chance 4.2.11 will have an updated version of PHP included? There are a lot of apps that require 7.2 or higher, and we're running 7.1 currently. Would be nice to catch PHP up a little.
F5-221
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

tracyw wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 10:17 I also ran into the issue where Plex wouldn't start, but after uninstalling/reinstalling Plex, everything seems to be running ok with it now. Any chance 4.2.11 will have an updated version of PHP included? There are a lot of apps that require 7.2 or higher, and we're running 7.1 currently. Would be nice to catch PHP up a little.
i see up to 7.4 available in my app store for F2-210 or have i missunderstood (they are only in beta so perhaps you dont have beta apps on?)
Capture.PNG
F2-210

TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
PHP 7.2 and above are being tested and improved. If the testers think it can be used normally, you will be able to update it.
The PHP module in the application center is only applicable and configured to the web server and other required third-party applications.
The PHP module of TOS itself will not be modified.
If you want to update the PHP module inside TOS, a lot of adaptation work is required.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
tracyw

Post by tracyw »

Thanks @TMS. The TOS version of PHP is what is needed for the NextCloud apps to detect the correct version of PHP, so I will wait for the release with the update in it. @sianderson, I tried the app store PHP installs, but like @TMS said, it doesn't affect the underlying TOS PHP version :cry: ..
F5-221
erik.meuwese

Post by erik.meuwese »

TOS 4.2.09 had smbd version 4.9.1 does TM plan to include an update in TOS 4.2.10?
erik.meuwese

Post by erik.meuwese »

TMS wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 21:38 Hi,
PHP 7.2 and above are being tested and improved. If the testers think it can be used normally, you will be able to update it.
The PHP module in the application center is only applicable and configured to the web server and other required third-party applications.
The PHP module of TOS itself will not be modified.
If you want to update the PHP module inside TOS, a lot of adaptation work is required.
tracyw wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 00:17 Thanks @TMS. The TOS version of PHP is what is needed for the NextCloud apps to detect the correct version of PHP, so I will wait for the release with the update in it. @sianderson, I tried the app store PHP installs, but like @TMS said, it doesn't affect the underlying TOS PHP version :cry: ..
Is it not easier to build a Docker image with php and launch it with docker-compose?