TOS4.2.09 is released for updating!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
DiscoSi

Re: TOS4.2.09 is released for updating!

Post by DiscoSi »

Updated ok here too. Same as others though, I had to disable Telnet, AFP and Bonjour after the upgrade... AGAIN!

For better security (especially considering recent issues!) it would be preferable if the upgrades respected the on/off status of these services. Telnet especially! If I turn of a service on a device it's because A) I don't use it or B) I don't trust it. Having to remember to switch them back off after every upgrade isn't great.

DiscoSi.
F5-221 TOS 4.2.09 4x4TB Seagate Ironwolf, 1x240GB Ironwolf SSD (Cache)
rmistry22

Post by rmistry22 »

Just tried to update, installed 4.2.08?
Also, any idea how I get my model number to show up? It just shows ---

Thanks
R
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sports_wook
TMRyan wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 16:01 Sorry, Due to our negligence, the number of docker images used in the test is not enough, which causes this problem after you update. Some dockers, such as unbuntu, nginx, jdownloader, etc., can be used normally after the update. We just verified again, the handbrake, busybox image has your problem, but we can download the image and run it again. Is your docker in the start state or stop state in the application center? docker-.png Some docker images may need to reconfigure the original file instead of using the previously run configuration file. You can try to change the name of the docker folder in appdata, then uninstall and reinstall Docker. Note: Some images may need to configure the most original configuration file.
Docker would not stop - it was stuck in a frozen state. I pressed Start and it would show a successful message and the icon would appear on the Desktop, but then it would immediately stop and I could not open the app from Desktop. I SSH'd in from terminal and it appeared the docker daemon was not running, even if I checked right after pressing start/receiving the successful message from the app center. I wound up erasing the entire OS and eventually that fixed the issue. I tried shutting down, removing the hard drives, and restoring the OS but that did not fix the Docker issue. The solution was to do a fresh install to 4.1.30 (by removing the hard drives and reinstalling TOS), then after that completed I had to erase all settings manually through the GUI, and then do another manual update to 4.2.09, and then Docker issue was resolved. A very cumbersome process, and it took me around 3 hours of trying different ways to restore/update, but at least I was finally able to fix it. EVen after all of that my previous Docker containers/images were still missing, so I had to rebuild them all from scratch again. But at least my volumes remained in tact so I was able to quickly rebuild the containers with my previous volume data. Thanks for the suggestion though.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rmistry22
Hi,some models have not marked the model due to omissions, you can check the CPU model in the Control Panel 》Hardware Information, you can know whether the ARM model or the X86 model.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
rmistry22

Post by rmistry22 »

Manually updated, now on 4.2.09. Still not showing model number. Quick testing of file transfer, speeds are a bit slower than 4.2.08 for me. My TNAS is a 5 bay 421.
R
rmistry22

Post by rmistry22 »

@TMS
I know it's a 5 bay 421, but checking as you state shows
TNAS_CPU.png
TNAS_CPU.png (14.2 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
but all I get in the summary when you logon is ---

R
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rmistry22
TMS wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 21:50 Hi,some models have not marked the model due to omissions, you can check the CPU model in the Control Panel 》Hardware Information, you can know whether the ARM model or the X86 model.
My hardware info also does not show on the system info popup panel. I have a F2-220/X86
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

This is just a way to see the X86 and ARM models through the CPU.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
rpluto

Post by rpluto »

Have too confess that deciding to updating TOS is getting too hard, the troubles / issues mentioned are too serious like

Losing data, things that work stop working, new features that is suppose to work doesn’t work, decisions that you make about fs ext4 or brtfs without deitalled information about like pro cons, roadmap etc

I appreciate all your efforts to bring new updates, but they need to have more quality control

It’s strange to read things like that when we try to decide if upgrade or not the firmware, but today I had time for something that goes wrong, so I decide to update

And all “good”

No online update, need to be manual
No data lost
Docker running with all started containers

Issues
Need to disable as usual the things I always disable like, Telnet NFS, AFS.
Need to change as usual some properties for SmB like workgroup name and some properties
Remote share mount as root but continue without permissions for other users

Sugestions
Why don’t save this kind of properties o load on every upgrade
Mount the remote folder with guid and uid
Notifications like pushover webhooks etc

I hope this message will encourage more users to upgrade, and also give feedback
———
TOS 5.0.171 (x.86)
F5-221 - 10G - 4x4TB (WD Red Pro) - raid5 (btrfs)
Docker containers with docker-compose, managed with portainer
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,there is currently no way to inherit the settings of the previous version, we are currently trying. You can back up the configuration and export the users/user groups before update and restore configuration after successful installation.

Return to “Update Notice”