TOS4.2.09 is released for updating!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: TOS4.2.09 is released for updating!

Post by sianderson »

TMS wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 21:29 Hi,there is currently no way to inherit the settings of the previous version, we are currently trying. You can back up the configuration and export the users/user groups before update and restore configuration after successful installation.
surely if you can backup the settings from within the UI, then there is a way to do this automatically?
F2-210

Spaniard

Post by Spaniard »

Please, @TMS, could you provide us with more details about the Rsync vulnerability?

Just to know if it is worth it for me to update the system now or wait to the new major release (I do not run the Rsync server).

Thanks
b_horn

Post by b_horn »

Spaniard wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 22:22 Please, @TMS, could you provide us with more details about the Rsync vulnerability?

Just to know if it is worth it for me to update the system now or wait to the new major release (I do not run the Rsync server).

Thanks
I reported this issue. If you have rsync disabled it doesn't effect you, but if you do you really do need to patch. It allows an attacker who can talk to your NAS (i.e same LAN, or internet wide if your NAS has a public IP) to get root access.

Waiting for the ARM release to get patched to publish a write up. (*cough* please do that *cough*)
Spaniard

Post by Spaniard »

b_horn wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 19:15
Spaniard wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 22:22 Please, @TMS, could you provide us with more details about the Rsync vulnerability?

Thanks
I reported this issue. If you have rsync disabled it doesn't effect you, but if you do you really do need to patch. It allows an attacker who can talk to your NAS (i.e same LAN, or internet wide if your NAS has a public IP) to get root access.

Waiting for the ARM release to get patched to publish a write up. (*cough* please do that *cough*)
Thanks for your response... I guess it is not either a problem if the RSync server port is not routed/closed in your router... I will wait for the next major release as it took me some time to remove the http extra terramaster headers, change wallpapers and secure the https server. RSync disabled for now to play safe :)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

anyone else with an f2-210 still getting issues with memory usage by msgcenter was up at over 20% today before I rebooted.. total memory wat 48.2%
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

scoobyfizz wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 17:07 anyone else with an f2-210 still getting issues with memory usage by msgcenter was up at over 20% today before I rebooted.. total memory wat 48.2%
nope mine seems to be fairly stable on ram usage now, i just have a problem with CPU locking up every so often
F2-210

Manni86
Germany

Post by Manni86 »

scoobyfizz wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 17:07 anyone else with an f2-210 still getting issues with memory usage by msgcenter was up at over 20% today before I rebooted.. total memory wat 48.2%
msgcenter is causing memory problems on my F4-210 4GB version (also ARM based). After a fresh reboot the system normally uses about 8.x - 9.x % of RAM, or nearly 10%. The memory usage of msgcenter increases over time which results most of the time in more than 20% used RAM after about a month uptime. Maybe sometimes even getting close to 30%. This behavior / problem exists since many firmware versions. :roll:

However, I think this problem does not belong to this thread because it has nothing specifically to do with the 4.2.09 release.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
You can try to clear the received messages and adjust the type of received messages, and then restart the device to see if msgcenter continues to use more than 20% of the memory for a few minutes.
msg.png
msgevent.png
Of course, you can directly use the command /etc/init.d/msg stop to close the message center:
1. Enable SSH in the control panel
2. Use PuTTY to enter IP, port, username: root, password: admin password
3. Enter the command /etc/init.d/msg stop and click "Enter"
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

I had no messages other than a memory over 90% message which prompted me to look at the memory usage again. It creeps up over time on reboot msgcenter is very low 2-3% and then creeps up over time.. just to reiterate there are no messages being displayed. Perhaps there should be and that is the actual issue....

for information it was below 3% yesterday now 4.6% and this will increase daily.
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Manni86 wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 04:13
However, I think this problem does not belong to this thread because it has nothing specifically to do with the 4.2.09 release.
it does as before 4.2.09 it was ok and was not getting warning messages about over 90% usage..... even if it did exist before it is worse with this version .