TOS4.2.07 is released for updating !

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

TOS4.2.07 is released for updating !

Post by TMSupport »

TOS4.2.07 (ARM) Release Notes

Applicable model: F2-210, F4-210.

This update includes following bug fixes for the previous version, new features and optimized user interface:
1. Fixed the issue that the files transferring speed is slow when NFS mounted to Windows system;
2. Fixed the issue that the Beta module will be opened automatically under TOS Application center;
3. Fixed the issue about the incompatibility of Rsync backup when TNAS is set as Rsync client;
4. Fixed the issue of garbled characters when unzipping zipped folders which includes Chinese files;
5. Optimized the UI patterns at TOS Control Panel.
6. Fixed some system vulnerabilities.

TOS4.2.07 (X86) Release Notes
X86 models: F2-220, F2-221, F2-420, F2-421, F4-220, F4-221, F4-420, F4-421, F5-220, F5-221, F5-225, F5-420, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422.

This update includes following bug fixes for the previous version, new features and optimized user interface:
1. Fixed the issue that the files transferring speed is slow when NFS mounted to Windows system;
2. Fixed the issue that the Beta module will be opened automatically under TOS Application center;
3. Fixed the issue about the incompatibility of Rsync backup when TNAS is set as Rsync client;
4. Fixed the issue of garbled characters when unzipping zipped folders which includes Chinese files;
5. Optimized the UI patterns at TOS Control Panel.
6. Fixed some system vulnerabilities.

Important Notes
This update is only suitable for TOS 4.1.27 or above.
This update is not suitable for TOS4.2.X Beta.
After updating to TOS4.2.07, the following services SMB, CIFS, AFP, FTP, Telnet, SSH, UPnP and Bonjour would be enabled automatically.

How to update your TOS?
1. Download the update package:
For X86 models: https://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_S2.0 ... 241808.bz2
For ARM models: https://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_A1.0 ... 241816.bz2
2. Go to TOS> Control Panel> General Settings> Update & Restore, and click “Manual Update”;
3. Click "Browse" to select the update package;
4. Click "Apply";

How to reinstall TOS?
Installation package link:
For X86 models: https://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_S2.0 ... 241808.ins
For ARM models: https://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_A1.0 ... 241816.ins

1. Log in to TOS and go to TOS Desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Backup and Restore;
control panel.png
2. Tick "Backup system configuration" to back up your system configuration;
backup config.png
3. Go to TOS Desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Restore to Factory Default;
restore factory default.png
4. Tick "Restore to factory default", and then click "Apply"; your system will be erased, but the data on the hard drives will not be deleted;
5. Refresh the browser page, and follow guide on the page to install a new TOS;
6. If the page refresh fails, please use TNAS PC to search for your TNAS device; Then select the device and click "Login"; Follow the web page to install the new TOS;
7. After the system installation is complete, log in to TOS and go to TOS desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Backup and Restore to restore your backed up system configuration.

Issue report:
If you encounter issue during using, please report to TerraMaster official forum “TOS update”.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jhdscript

Re: TOS4.2.07 is released for updating !

Post by jhdscript »

It s a good news but why autoupdate don t work ?
linde03

Post by linde03 »

Update worked nicely on F5-221.

However, on every upgrade (at least to 4.2.06 and 4.2.07) the UPS network server settings is reset.
I have to re-enable the NAS as a server and re-add the "permitted devices".

I usually do not notice this until I see error messages from my other devices, that they cannot connect to the UPS server.
If this could be solved for the next update, It would be great.

/Daniel
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi Daniel, thank you for your report, we will verify and fix it soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Santiago

Post by Santiago »

web server is not working. I apply the changes to create it, but it does not return any page
Miawhite

Post by Miawhite »

can i download it for ios as well?
marryjanes

Post by marryjanes »

Is there any problem downloading with ios? Please let me know. Thank you so much