TOS 4.2.06 is released for update!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
sports_wook

Re: TOS4.2.06 is released for update!

Post by sports_wook »

TMSupport wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 14:35 You may have to reinstall your TOS to 4.2.06 from 4.2.05, here is the installation package link for your reference:
For X.86 models: https://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_S2.0 ... 041407.ins
For 210 models: https://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_A1.0 ... 041414.bz2

You can refer to this link about reinstallation: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
Thanks, but is the step to "restore to factory default" for settings really necessary/required? Getting tired of having to do this every update, as it means SSH keys are reset for all of my connected devices. I have a lot of ssh keys/devices paired, and it's a very painful process to go through for each minor update. I've done this the last few updates and am tired of doing it every time just for your system to work.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 4.2.06 is released for update!

Post by TMroy »

Tricky wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 18:52 Can you explain what this actually means?
3. Canceled the feature of uploading documents to TOS desktop;?

I have seen the odd oversize effects that some are getting on one of the previous beta versions, i have been running the 4.1.30 version which works reasonably well aside from not restarting after a power cut, a friend has been running the beta 4.2.02 for some time without problems so far and i am reluctant to change as it usually brings problems with it
In the new update, you are not able to upload document to TOS desktop, but in previous version, you can.

Not really got your meaning of the odd oversize effects.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dimatola

Post by dimatola »

there are no desktop icons at all ...
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2020-11-10 в 22.20.04.png
Ryzen

Post by Ryzen »

dimatola wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 23:21 there are no desktop icons at all ...
Try ctrl+F5 (Cache delete)
F2-210

Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

TMroy wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 22:15
Tricky wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 18:52 Can you explain what this actually means?
3. Canceled the feature of uploading documents to TOS desktop;?

I have seen the odd oversize effects that some are getting on one of the previous beta versions, i have been running the 4.1.30 version which works reasonably well aside from not restarting after a power cut, a friend has been running the beta 4.2.02 for some time without problems so far and i am reluctant to change as it usually brings problems with it
In the new update, you are not able to upload document to TOS desktop, but in previous version, you can.

Not really got your meaning of the odd oversize effects.
So you can only upload files via web interface?

As for oversize i have seen this happen in some of the other beta updates like this pic...

If i or my friend update from either 4.1.30 or the beta 4.2.02 can we go back to a previous version should we not find the new to our liking?
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

has this update killed plex for anyone else?

i am really struggling, the nas drive has been rebooted god knows how many times
plex has been uninstalled and reinstalled quite a few times
i have deleted the plex user folder and allowed it to recreate it etc

it installs and starts ok, however on first run i get the errors "A problem has been detected with a core component of Plex Media Server."

if i refresh some screens i do eventually get to the Add library screen however it doesnt let me select a language and therefore i just get Your changes could not be saved.

if i then just finish the set up without adding a library it loads the dashboard and shows my server, however if try and click on it then it says "Server settings are unavailable"

i have tried different browsers and clearing caches etc no luck at all, so at the moment i am stuck without a functioning DLNA server on my nas drive

is there a simple way of removing plex completly off the nas drive to enable it to be cleaning installed? uninistall the app and deleting the plex user folder clearly doesnt help
F2-210

yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

sianderson wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 00:00 has this update killed plex for anyone else?

i am really struggling, the nas drive has been rebooted god knows how many times
plex has been uninstalled and reinstalled quite a few times
i have deleted the plex user folder and allowed it to recreate it etc

it installs and starts ok, however on first run i get the errors "A problem has been detected with a core component of Plex Media Server."

if i refresh some screens i do eventually get to the Add library screen however it doesnt let me select a language and therefore i just get Your changes could not be saved.

if i then just finish the set up without adding a library it loads the dashboard and shows my server, however if try and click on it then it says "Server settings are unavailable"

i have tried different browsers and clearing caches etc no luck at all, so at the moment i am stuck without a functioning DLNA server on my nas drive

is there a simple way of removing plex completly off the nas drive to enable it to be cleaning installed? uninistall the app and deleting the plex user folder clearly doesnt help
This is my second TOS update, but first with Plex installed and Plex seems to be working normally.

I suggest you check this post, if you have not already seen it. In there, Plex logs, firewall and loopback interface were some things the user checked to solve their issue.

Good luck.
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

not sure why i cant see my reply anymore, but looks like ive got it installed ok this time seems like 100th attempt at doing the same thing, uninstall, rename plex user folder and then install, only difference was i used SSH to MV the folder instead of using the web admin (whether that makes a difference or not) but its scanning my library now so fingers crossed
F2-210

macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMSupport wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 10:35 TOS 4.2.06 Release Notes
This update includes following bug fixes for the previous version, new features and optimized user interface:
It seems like this Release notes only reports changes compared to previous Beta.
However, 4.2.06 appears to be the first stable Release for 4.2.x cycle, and therefore Release notes should report meaningful changes since previous stable Release 4.1.32.

Remember most users are NOT Beta testers, and need to know what is new from previous stable Release.
There are several important new features introduced (folder quota on btrfs to name just one), that are worth mentioning at this point!
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
Ryzen

Post by Ryzen »

Yes agree with this
F2-210

Return to “Update Notice”