The Brand New TOS 5 is Released!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: The Brand New TOS 5 is Released!

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mcille

1. The initial created user is a super administrator, which is equivalent to the root user, and it will be included in all user groups.
2. If you are not logged in as a super administrator to use the app, you need to login to TOS as an administrator and go to the control panel > application to edit permission.
3. Is the hard disk not inserted tightly, causing the RAID to be downgraded?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
OllieHardy

Post by OllieHardy »

Thanks, I have managed to work this out now by moving my file types around.

However this was never usually the case. Nor does TNAS mobile work with TOS 5 and nor does file sharing work when using the European Server.

Does Terramaster not think it would be a good idea to keep a public log of known issues during the new install so that people like me can refer to this and make a work around without the need for contact?
antislow

Post by antislow »

There was a new TOS 5 release 5.0.125, does anyone have the bug fix/change list for this recent release? In the terra station ui I could not read the bug fixes as it all did not fit in the update window and there were no scroll bars to scroll down to read, so it was cut off. Didn't seem like I could resize the window either. I was emailing w/ support about the broken SSD cache and Time Machine support. Basically the main reasons I bought this NAS last week and they're non-functional. But after the update to this release, it seems like those features are still broken and not working unfortunately.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The update release note has been added to the first page of this post. please check it.
We did not receive bug report about Time machine backup until this moment. if you are encountering any issue related to time machine backup, please describe your issue in detail and provide some necessary screenshots or video for better understanding.

SSD cache issue has been fixed in 5.0.125, please try if it works for you. if not, please let us know the detail.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ThorLiv

Re: The Brand New TOS 5 Officially Released Today!

Post by ThorLiv »

TMRyan wrote:
> [quote=ThorLiv post_id=19285 time=1656120936 user_id=5116]
> Certificate for cn.tnas.link still do not work. Have to fallback to http.
> Any plan to fix this before hell freezes ?
> [/quote]
> Can I ask what does it mean that the certificate for cn.tnas.link still
> doesn't work?

It means exactly what has already been discussed here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3365&p=18978&hilit ... tes#p18978
Penegal

Post by Penegal »

A question if I may prior to updating to the New TOS 5 installation!

I have just over 19TB of movies on my F5-221 & just over 10TB of TV Shows on my F5-422.

If I was to back up all of this data prior to installing TOS-5 would this mean I would have to buy another 30TB+ of Hard Drives? to back everything up,...OR is the backup stored in a different way taking less space, OR does a backup actually copy the full file & size to the backup.

After reading all the comments on the new TOS-5, I sure don't feel comfortable updating to TOS-5 with all the issues people seem to be experiencing with the new release, some people are unable to find and install PLEX, some have issues with windows 11 and others are having issues with volumes being renamed or missing,... and others have lost all their data, plus many other issues.

If I would need 30TB of Hard drives to back everything up,... then I'll not be updating and there's no way I can afford those drives with the rise in the cost of living rising atm,... So, Does anyone know of a cheap cloud service that can offer 30TB+ space, Google only offers 2TB and that's a whopping £80 a year, so what would 30TB cost lol?
dorsanty

Post by dorsanty »

After upgrading from 4.x (which worked well) I wasn't able to add my own certificates. Since attempting to I can't see the default CA certificates that were originally visible either. A follow up attempt to add certificates says it succeeded according to the dialog. However I see no certificates, and I cannot set any for the FTP, HTTPS, WebDAV services.
antislow

Post by antislow »

@TMroy

SSD Cache and Time Machine backup is still not working for me on 125. I will email the screen shots as well as a debug package as I do not see a way to attach them to the post. But basically there's no option to create cache, it's grayed out. Does the NVMe need to be initialized or something?

I enabled Time Machine on NAS, authorized a folder and I have read/write. When configuring my mac it sees the network drive and I select the NAS. It would give me a message that "the selected network backup disk does not support the required capabilities".

I see there was a 126 release today. I just updated and SSD Cache is still not working. When configuring Time Machine on my Mac, I no longer get the message, but it seems like I cannot authenticate now. I enter my user/pass but the window just shakes when clicking connect and doesn't do anything.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please try to delete your current SSD configuration, and rebuild the cache again, and make sure your SSD has been recognized by the system.

For the time machine backup, please make sure
1. you enabled the Bonjour discovery service on Control panel > discovery service;
2. you enabled the SMB file service or AFP file service;
3. you enabled the time machine, or disable it and re enable it again.
4. the user you use to connect from your mac who has permissions to the folder you set for time machine backup;
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
antislow

Post by antislow »

@TMroy Enabling SMB in step 2 fixed time machine for me. AFP was enabled but not SMB. They are both now enabled.

However, I have never been able to configure SSD cache. Does SSD cache work w/ NVMe drives? I was under the assumption that they were support for cache.