TOS 5 Insider Preview

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: TOS 5 Insider Preview

Post by Tricky »

No Plex but I have just about stopped using it as apart from being flaky I bought myself a Zidoo X10 with does a much much better job of my films.
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

Tricky wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 04:42 No Plex but I have just about stopped using it as apart from being flaky I bought myself a Zidoo X10 with does a much much better job of my films.
I have an Ubuntu server, running on an old HP Micro server. Much better for the job, though I had intended retiring it.

Not had any issues with it running on the TNAS, though.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out the window.

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
3X WD RED PLUS 3TB (RAID5)
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

Tricky wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 17:42 Have to agree it really doesn't look or feel a lot different to the current version, yes a little quicker and a few more features, mainly tweaks, I was expecting more going by all the hype.
when you say a little quicker what do you actually mean by that, just when you are using the web desktop, or does responsiveness over the network change? or are network shares unaffected etc
F2-210

Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

OK, my observations so far as an average user:
Low speed fan setting stops like the auto setting, not tested the other settings yet.
Issue with the UI password get added to on each login.
Login times out very quickly.
SMB and NFS file share permissions reset and become no visible on network..but only on some folders :?

Positives:
The interface seems a little quicker, can't gauge file uploads/downloads as they will be system/network dependant and I don't remotely upload.
So far not lost the TNAS from the network so that a positive

I do think the file share system has become a bit overcomplicated compared to the previous setup, especially for the average user, just noticed that the is already an update, so we will see what's changed.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

OK there is a new TOS update download message appearing on log in each time and I click download, but it never seems to do it can find any downloads in the usual places, so what's happening is it a glitch?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

In future new releases, when the download complete, you will get a notification. So now, when you click on "Download", go to the system update on the control panel, and click " Update now" if it shows an update package downloaded.

The system logout time set to be 10 minutes by default, to modify the TOS logout time, please go to control panel > security > general.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

I want an arm beta version for my F4-210 to finally test it. Why other Nas'es have the opportunity to try it, I want to try it too! Really pissed of...
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

TMroy wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 23:36 In future new releases, when the download complete, you will get a notification. So now, when you click on "Download", go to the system update on the control panel, and click " Update now" if it shows an update package downloaded.

The system logout time set to be 10 minutes by default, to modify the TOS logout time, please go to control panel > security > general.
OK, finally got the update to take....but wish I hadn't as It's screwed some settings up a few of the control panel screens are missing details, so should I just revert to the original version?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please clear your browser cache and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

I ended up re-installing the TOS5 and let update and discovered that not configuring SMB and NFS resulted in the folders being visible with no asking for Windows user and password to log in over local network.
Also, since the update you can only set a custom wallpaper for the login screen, it won't accept for the desktop screen....so I'm stuck with that disturbing pug pic. :shock: