TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Discuss or report issues regarding TOS updates or beta releases
User avatar
scoobyfizz
Posts: 154
Joined: 10 Jun 2020, 15:37

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by scoobyfizz » 18 May 2021, 17:36

sianderson wrote:
18 May 2021, 16:11
scoobyfizz wrote:
18 May 2021, 14:22
Also. This persistent issue with msgcenter taking memory is still here... 12.5% after 2 says. This is a fresh install of TOS 4.2.12 as I tried it to fix the PLEX issue but could not so uninstalled Plex completely.
what is the overall ram usage on your nas drive though, i am nearly at 7 days since boot up with 4.2.12, msgcenter for me is sitting at 8.7% of 1gb, it is a high usage process (compared to the others) but in the grand scheme of things my nas drive is only using 23% of its 1gb so more than enough to cope, even at nearly a month of being running solidly the overall usage crept up to around 25%
I'll have a look but if I leave it a week I will start getting 99% memory spike issues. before I rebooted this morning my memory was I think 47%... after reboot 18. I'll report back in a few days but it will creep up.
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...

User avatar
sianderson
Posts: 307
Joined: 02 Aug 2020, 03:42

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by sianderson » 18 May 2021, 17:59

do you have a USB drive disconnected every night or something that is generating messages?

i encountered issues with having a smart switch that powered up my USB drive then scheduled backup to take place then it cut the power to turn it off again, as you cant "dismount" a usb drive automatically it would generate an error message

although this process works perfectly for a Buffalo Nas drive and USB backup, TM and USB Copy seem to have issues with it and the only solution was to leave it permantely powered (although i risk malware taking out the USB backup also)
F2-210

4.2.17

User avatar
TMroy
Customer Service
Posts: 1380
Joined: 10 Mar 2020, 14:04

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by TMroy » 18 May 2021, 22:31

Regarding plex lose its configuration after TOS updating to 4.2.12, we have located the cause of the problem, we will release a new version of plex to fix it very soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

User avatar
scoobyfizz
Posts: 154
Joined: 10 Jun 2020, 15:37

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by scoobyfizz » 19 May 2021, 03:13

sianderson wrote:
18 May 2021, 17:59
do you have a USB drive disconnected every night or something that is generating messages?

i encountered issues with having a smart switch that powered up my USB drive then scheduled backup to take place then it cut the power to turn it off again, as you cant "dismount" a usb drive automatically it would generate an error message

although this process works perfectly for a Buffalo Nas drive and USB backup, TM and USB Copy seem to have issues with it and the only solution was to leave it permantely powered (although i risk malware taking out the USB backup also)
Nope nothing connected to it at all. I use rsync to backup to it once a day from my qnap. I can see no.messages or entries I any logs I can find that would point to a problem.
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...

User avatar
scoobyfizz
Posts: 154
Joined: 10 Jun 2020, 15:37

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by scoobyfizz » 19 May 2021, 14:17

scoobyfizz wrote:
19 May 2021, 03:13
sianderson wrote:
18 May 2021, 17:59
do you have a USB drive disconnected every night or something that is generating messages?

i encountered issues with having a smart switch that powered up my USB drive then scheduled backup to take place then it cut the power to turn it off again, as you cant "dismount" a usb drive automatically it would generate an error message

although this process works perfectly for a Buffalo Nas drive and USB backup, TM and USB Copy seem to have issues with it and the only solution was to leave it permantely powered (although i risk malware taking out the USB backup also)
Nope nothing connected to it at all. I use rsync to backup to it once a day from my qnap. I can see no.messages or entries I any logs I can find that would point to a problem.
What you said prompted me to look at my nas.. I had USB copy installed but no drive attached. I have uninstalled the APP and the msgcenter seems to be behaving itself... so perhaps having no drive attached causes messages too??
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...

User avatar
sianderson
Posts: 307
Joined: 02 Aug 2020, 03:42

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by sianderson » 19 May 2021, 16:01

scoobyfizz wrote:
19 May 2021, 14:17
scoobyfizz wrote:
19 May 2021, 03:13
What you said prompted me to look at my nas.. I had USB copy installed but no drive attached. I have uninstalled the APP and the msgcenter seems to be behaving itself... so perhaps having no drive attached causes messages too??
unless you had a task scheduled i would have hoped it wouldnt actually be doing anything, so i would be sceptical but if msgcenter is behaving now it has to be something to do with that i guess
F2-210

4.2.17

User avatar
beuzbeuz78
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Dec 2020, 22:34

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by beuzbeuz78 » 19 May 2021, 19:41

Hi,

How could i setup/acces and use Webdav Serveur with my f2-210 ? i want to use my Tnas with the Joplin App to sync my data.

Any Help ?

Thanks
F2-210 & D5-300C

User avatar
TMS
Customer Service
Posts: 573
Joined: 20 Oct 2020, 17:06

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by TMS » 19 May 2021, 21:58

Please go to Control Panel>File Service>Enable webdav service, and Share dolder >click edit webdav permissions of the folder .
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

User avatar
beuzbeuz78
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Dec 2020, 22:34

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by beuzbeuz78 » 19 May 2021, 23:03

Ok, but next ? how can i access ? which Url ? it's for using with "Joplin" note application so i could sync my note.
F2-210 & D5-300C

User avatar
beuzbeuz78
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Dec 2020, 22:34

Re: TOS4.2.12 is released for update!

Post by beuzbeuz78 » 21 May 2021, 02:37

Now when i want to activate Webdav, a message appear " configuration has failed" ????
F2-210 & D5-300C

Locked