DLNA File Compatibility

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
echemh

DLNA File Compatibility

Post by echemh »

I am trying to watch some of my videos using the DLNA through my SmartTV and my PS4. Both have same issue. I go to watch some of my videos and thy it gives me there is no playable media message in some folders I know have videos there. How do I fix this?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: DLNA File Compatibility

Post by TMroy »

Your smart TV and PS4 does not support such video type playback. You could use media server like Plex or Emby to transcode such un-supported video type. By the way, what is your TNAS model number?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
echemh

Post by echemh »

Model # F4-210. I understand because apparently some videos are playable on my SmartTV that won't play on PS4.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Yeah, PS4 can only play a few video codecs, you better play with other device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Not sure if the F4-210 is capable of trans-coding on the fly but that what you need try Plex as i believe that does.
echemh

Post by echemh »

I tried Plex pass and it not compatible with this model. I tried Emby and could not get it to work.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Then I'm afraid that you stuck with what the device your trying to play the files on can decode you need the 221 in order to transcode on the fly.