DLNA Server Crashes Frequently

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
rskyzx

DLNA Server Crashes Frequently

Post by rskyzx »

I have an F2-210 running your DLNA media server and that is the major application for me. Unfortunately the DLNA server crashes frequently with no obvious cause. The machine it self remains functional. This requires me to re-enable the DLNA service repeatedly with the additional downside of having to wait for the database to rebuild. Is there some detail in the setup process that needs particular attention? This machine was supposed to replace an aging Seagate Central Server, but the Seagate for all its problems has a stable DLNA server and that does not appear to be the case with the Terre-Master. Any pointers would be appreciated.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: DLNA Server Crashes Frequently

Post by TMSupport »

Have you tried uninstall it and reinstall again? If it's still remains, please contact us at support@terra-master.com.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rskyzx

Post by rskyzx »

It is still a problem.
I Uninstaller the app, rebooted and installed again. I accepted all the default values. On exiting the app I was given a warning that my changes had not been recorded and that I should confirm or exit. I went back and clicked the apply button on each page and again on exiting the app I was told my setting had not been saved. This time I clicked the confirm button. I then tried accessing one of my music files, and it played, but when I tried accessing another, contact with the server was lost.
I am using volumio 2.692. I also have minidlna running a Rock64 sbc and Twonky running on my old Seagate central server. Neither of those has problems serving files.
Hope this helps.
TheDoc

Post by TheDoc »

Did you ever get an acceptable answer to this issue? I am having the same issue.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise whether it’s ok to let our engineer has a remote session to check it.please contact us at support(a)terra-master.com to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Dundarach

Post by Dundarach »

I've having exactly the same issue.

Just did a factory reset and the issues remains.

Please help, otherwise dear old Amazon might be having a return, this is the only thing I bought the NAS for.

Thank you.

Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Dundarach wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 19:00 I've having exactly the same issue.
Just did a factory reset and the issues remains.
Please help, otherwise dear old Amazon might be having a return, this is the only thing I bought the NAS for.
Chris
Before you make a return to dear old Amazon and TerraMaster, please make a troubleshooting to clarify where the issue came from, it may came from your DLNA player(or Smart TV) or your router. When your router have heavy overload from video streaming, it could be interrupted shortly. We had similar report from some users half year ago, finally we found that the router was the problem. To make a troubleshooting, set your laptop as a DLNA server too, and check from your DLNA player if your laptop DLNA server also disconnect when the issue happen.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Dundarach

Post by Dundarach »

Thanks for the help, I've done a bit more testing...

I have the TNAS plugged into my router and my laptop also plugged into my router.

Media Monkey installed on both laptop and Samsung A50 Android phone.

On the laptop (via eithernet) I can browse and play different songs one after another, no problems at all.

However on the mobile (via wifi), I can play the first song and then when I try and choose another one, the MediaServer has stopped working.

I have a tg589vac v2 technicolor router as supplied by my ISP and fibre broadband.

Currently as I'm testing this, my son is playing the PS4 connected through the same router.

Could I ask:

1. Is it likely to be a router problem - if so which router would you recommend for fibre?

2. Could the PS4 be causing the crash?

3. Is there a setting I should change on my router to stop any problem?

Many thanks, really appreciate the help and love the NAS, just wish I could fix the problem.
Dundarach

Post by Dundarach »

Okay a little bit more testing:

WIndows DLNA via WIndows 10 (HP 6930p 4gb ram) works perfectly on my mobile.

Can browse and change tracks no problems at all.

However the TNAS crashes as soon as I change tracks via my mobile.

TNAS 'appears' to be more stable via the ethernet can broswing shares on the laptop, however via wifi on my mobile it crashes the mediaserver.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your sharing!
You are asking very correct questions, but I am not able to give your exact answers for them. You need to do something to step by step to troubleshoot this issue. For sure we will provide help as we can. By the way, which version you are running your TOS?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)