Plex Tos 5.0 Not working

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
Charlie_Croker

Plex Tos 5.0 Not working

Post by Charlie_Croker »

OK so I am back to the Apps not showing in the App Store issue, luckily I had sent Plex to desktop but when I open it, I get this message (Translated from Chinese)

"APP Referer verification failed. Please check whether the whitelist set by the ak is consistent with all domain names accessed. For details, see: http://lbsyun.baidu.com/apiconsole/key#. "

Even with media indexing switched off, no apps show. Just when I start to regain faith TM seem determined to mess things up for users

F2-422
TOS 5.0.1.130
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Plex Tos 5.0 Not working

Post by TMroy »

The issue can't be reproduced on our side, please attach a screenshot and tell us how to reproduce the issue. Thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Like @Charlie_Croker, I'm trying to get Plex working on TOS 5.0.

I did get it running and it recognised all my multimedia material… on my QNAP NAS. It churned around looking for the few movie files in my TOS Multimedia directory, didn't find any and came back with the offer of a Plex update to Plex version 1.27.2.5929, telling me I would need to download this and install it manually.

I downloaded the file,

Code: Select all

PlexMediaServer-1.27.2.5929-a806c5905-x86_64.tpk
and followed the procedure to install it. The file unzipped and then informed me: "Error! The file is incorrect and cannot be installed."

Any advice would be very welcome.

--
Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead

Plex does not release a new update to TOS 5 yet. The plex app for TOS 4.x does not work on TOS 5. Where do you get this installation package?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead
Latest Plex for TOS5 viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3425