Mediaindex dont work

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
TiggerMS
Germany

Mediaindex dont work

Post by TiggerMS »

Hello forum,

I have the problem that only about 5000 files are found in the media index. I have reset the directories as I have my photos in a different location.
Unfortunately, the search process then does not continue. Does anyone have an idea how I can get him to search my entire files?

Hardware TNAS F2-220
4GB ram
8TB Seagate Ironwolf x2

Sorry for my english but google translate can't do it better. ;)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Mediaindex dont work

Post by TMroy »

What is your TOS version? please try to update to 5.0.124
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TiggerMS
Germany

Post by TiggerMS »

It is the newest version. I install it on this morning.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Stuck at a certain number when indexing? If so, is it possible for us to check it out for you remotely?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TiggerMS
Germany

Post by TiggerMS »

Hello,
I took a closer look. Even though I specify other folders to search, they are not searched. Only the directory /Volume1/Photo is searched. All other specified directories are ignored.
Switching on remotely shouldn't be a problem, but the time difference does play a role. My next available appointment is 07/02/22 at around 06:00 Berlin time zone.

Unfortunately I have a lot to do at the moment.

Greeatings
Markus
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

How do you know some other directories have been ignored?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TiggerMS
Germany

Post by TiggerMS »

Hello, the mediadex seems to have been running since installing the current TOS (5.0.125). Not only the files in the directory /public /photo are searched, but also in other paths. The problem is probably solved. Thanks for your attention and help.

Greetings from Germany
Markus
TiggerMS
Germany

Post by TiggerMS »

To the question of how I noticed that no other paths are searched, I would like to answer briefly. I uploaded a file to the path /public /photo. In the mediadex, the foundation of the files increased by 1. I deleted them again he sank -1. In all other paths e.g./public/drives/drive_p (for photos) I was able to change what I wanted. The stand in the mediadex remained with 4657 files.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TiggerMS

Thank you for your explanation!
The other directories maybe not added to the previous index list successfully. if you encounter further more issues, please report to us. Thank you!