Sharing Wedding Photos and Videos with Clients

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
OllieHardy

Sharing Wedding Photos and Videos with Clients

Post by OllieHardy »

Hi,

I shot a wedding and would like to share photos and videos with the client, I created a shareable folder with the appropriate permissions and whilst this link does indeed work, it is VERY slow and buggy their end and I can't help but feel like I am not best utilising the intel processor on my NAS.

I need them to be able to open a link that I have sent, and ideally seemlessly watch the videos and sift through the photos without delay, or a need for a video plug in, as is currently the case when creating a shareable folder.

I am therefore seeking advice from anyone who has a better solution for sharing client footage which will enable them to either stream direct from their browser, or download at will, be permanent offline storage.

I was thinking maybe plex might be a good medium for this, but any suggestions are gratefully received, I cannot continue with the current solution as it's very buggy/laggy, and gives off an unprofessional impression to anyone receiving this dysfunctional link.
Charlie_Croker

Re: Sharing Wedding Photos and Videos with Clients

Post by Charlie_Croker »

What internet speeds do you have? It will be very depended on your network speeds (Internal and internet).
I can access my NAS drives (in UK) from Saudi with no issues. but I have Gigabit U/D in KSA and 1000/50 in UK. Speeds will depend on what other users are doing on your home network and the speed/capability of your router. (Just dont use Wifi to connect NAS to the Router, it's too slow).

You could try paying for Office 365, and get 1TB of cloud storage (Free with the monthly subscription) or if you use apple, pay extra for the 2TB iCloud option, both are around £6.99 per month. This will obviously be faster and look more professional than using a NAS>
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.