Emby Server Shuts Off Randomly Difficult to Restart

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
bfairfull

Emby Server Shuts Off Randomly Difficult to Restart

Post by bfairfull »

I have a TNAS F2-210 running the latest version of TNAS which I updated in January 2022. The NAS is mounted with two storage volumes, which are Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives at 4TB, the NAS is not configured with a RAID.

There are two Seagate USB drives attached to the NAS, one is a 4TB drive that is actively receiving backups from one of the Storage Pools. Each NAS drive is at 89% capacity. The 4 TB USB will be removed shortly as it has fully backed up the Storage Pool which will no longer have content added.

The 2TB USB drive is being used as additional storage at the moment and is not being backed up, nor receiving backups. This is facilitated as the NAS is full and I am getting ready to upgrade. However I have so many issues with this TNAS that I currently not able to make a decision to upgrade to a larger NAS or add another one.

I receive regular notifications that the USB drive has been improperly ejected, though the drives are permanently mounted in a location where they never move. In other words, the drives aren't disturbed, nothing touches then and nothing moves them. However TNAS notifies me that they are being improperly ejected at random intervals.

In addition to this TNAS notifies me that the NAS drives are achieving "high temperatures", though the fans on both drives are set to FULL. The NAS unit itself is on a shelf with plenty of airflow around it.

Then, out of nowhere Emby Server will simply STOP for no perceivable reason. Here again I am running the latest version of Emby 4.6.7.0 with an Emby Premier license. The server does not allow remote access, there is hardly a time when more than one connection to this server for streaming is active. The Emby server will stop whether at rest (no streaming connections) or while a stream is open.

It can take several attempts to restart Emby.

Candidly I purchased a NAS to avoid the constant issues prevalent with attempting to run a Media Server on a Win OS, however this NAS has only been in service for 15 months, is lightly used and has nothing but issues. I need to determine if this issue is with your OS, or the latest Emby update, and I need to resolve the issue of the notifications on the drives, all of which report on test as being 100% healthy.

Thank you,
Bill
TM-Allen
TerraMaster Team

Re: Emby Server Shuts Off Randomly Difficult to Restart

Post by TM-Allen »

Hello.Please make sure your TOS is updated to the latest version. Please generate a log and send it to the after-sales technical support team for preliminary analysis.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)