Multimedia Server Folders

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
rmcpdias

Multimedia Server Folders

Post by rmcpdias »

Hi, good morning.

Can you please let me know the place where the Multimedia Server Folders are created? I can see them from my TV but not from File Manager...I'm talking about Music, Movies, Pictures default folders...

Best Regards,
Rui
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Multimedia Server Folders

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
The multimedia server does not have a default media folder, which requires you to enable the shared folder as a media folder.
Which shared folder did you enable?
DLNA.png
If public and appdata are enabled, you can try to go to the shared folder in the control panel to perform advanced settings to restore the data to the volume where your data is located.
restore.png
If other shared folders are enabled, please check how your TV accesses TNAS data.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
abdodo

Post by abdodo »

The public folder is visible and appears on the left side of the window as shown above. But the subfolders are not visible. In my public folder I have music_A, music_B,... for different users A, B,...
These are not visible at all.
Further the network player only sees one folder in public : which is the one for photos. A bit weird for playing music. ..
TNAS is 4.2.12.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

May I know the exact model of your network player? We have tested here, the mentioned issue could not be replicated.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
abdodo

Post by abdodo »

The player is : pioneer network audio player N-70 AE.
The NAS is F5-422
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}abdodo
Your public shared folder needs to be visible on the right side of the window shown above.
music.png
Can it be viewed in the computer multimedia player? For example: Windows Media Player. In the process of using the player, you need to select the correct type to view. If it doesn’t work after reconfiguration, you can provide us with some screenshots.
abdodo

Post by abdodo »

First. I tried another network DLNA player (a TV) and also there the subfolders of the shared public folder are not visible - with one exception: a photo folder.

So, no player can see subfolders of "public" containing music.
Second:
From windows you see
TNAS001
---Folder _a
---Folder appdata
---Folder public
------subfolder _musik
------subfolder BCKUP_Bilder
FoldersOnWindowsSrv.jpg
The TNAS shows ONLY(!) three folders in total: appdata, public and _a.
You see that the latter two folders are moved to the "enabled" side.
The first observation is the subfolder public/_musik does NOT appear in the list of folders one has under "available" on TNAS in order to move it to the right side ("enabled")
TNASMediaView.jpg
TNASMediaView.jpg (17.04 KiB) Viewed 5450 times
The windows media player can access and load the folder public/_musik *FROM TNAS*. One can play this music with windows media player and it is possible to push it from the windows player to the network player as expected. BUT: one cannot see any(!) music folder or file at all using the media player's browser: if I added a screenshot you would see emptyness. Here, the ONLY visible folder is the second subfolder shown above: subfolder BCKUP_Bilder (with photos).
WinMediaPlayerViewOfRemoteTNAS.jpg
WinMediaPlayerViewOfRemoteTNAS.jpg (7.15 KiB) Viewed 5450 times
So, finally:
a) How can I get additional folder into the left hand side of the TNAS media player menue "available"?
b) How can I enable my network players to see the folders? While playing via window media serveris at least possible but unnecessary, I need the external hardware network players (example: the Pinoneer or the TV) to see and access the folders or - at least - find the music. Prerequisite is presumably a proper answer of (a) and the answer of (b) is then simply: move the folder to the right, i.e. to "enabled".
abdodo

Post by abdodo »

Addendum:
renaming the folder "BCKUP_Bilder" to "ZZZ_BACKUP" solved the problem. Whatever file in that folder confuses TNAS,it obviously stops TNAS from looping through the folder structure. There was a previous post on this.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

a) The shared folder created in the control panel will appear on the left side of "Available" in the TNAS media player menu?

b) Your network player may not get the latest TNAS information. If you still encounter this problem, you can try to re-enable the multimedia player, reduce the SSDP Broadcast Interval time in the multimedia server, or restart the network player.
abdodo

Post by abdodo »

A) The shared folder does not appear on the left site under "available" unless one removes folders that TNAS finds disturbing. If you have such folders or files with such folder, TNAS stops searching for further shared folders.

B) upon removal of the "disturbing" folder, the network players work with the standard SSDP parameters.

To solve the problem one needs to understand what TNAS finds worrying with some folders. It is the traverse folder structure logic that hampers the correct folder detection. A disturbing folder should be skipped but the search for further folders should not be stopped. A quite obvious programming error.